I am getting an error with my TC-40W payer id and ...

I am getting an error with my TC-40W payer id and I am not given the option to fix it. It will not let me file without fixing it. It is the 14 character payer id

I double checked the number and it will not give me the option to change this.

So I assume you are a Utah filer.

The TC-40W Payer ID has to be 14 characters long (without hyphens) and ends with WTH (included in the 14 characters).

So if you are entering it correctly like that, but it's still producing an error, here's what a fellow user reported worked for him:

The following is strictly anecdotal, so I can't guarantee it works for everyone.  That user said he went back and entered his W-2 (or 1099) manually and used lower-case letters for the wth instead of capitals WTH, and that it took it OK with the lower case.   He also said that on printed copies of his return, it printed out in capitals.  

******************************************************

@ SteamTrain   Have you seen any other Utah users with this issue report if this trick worked for them or not?

@mesquitebean 

I've been mentioning it too.....but no one has replied that it really worked, or not, for them.  Had someone else who eventually found a missing digit on one of their forms...another said they hadn't entered the number on their Unemployment for that had UT taxes withheld ... but didn't say whether they use upper or lower case.

yes I used lower case on all my w2 and 1099s after battling it out and it worked putting wth lower case on all forms 

I tried this, went into my wages and income in federal, changed it from uppercase WTH to lowercase, and I was able to efile. It's kinda ridiculous that this tiniest of all issues is the problem, and that the system isn't able to detect it, but it WORKED!! its a freaking miracle! hope it works for everyone else that tries this!

Changing the WTH to lower case worked for my user

Since it's Mormon-centric Utah maybe they're afraid "WTH" is to close to "WTF" ?
😉

@pfranklin10271967 wrote:

It's an odd solution, but that is indeed the maneuver that has allowed many Utah users to proceed to efile.   So congratulations, and thanks for reporting your results.

It worked for me to go back through my W2's and change the capital WTH at the end to a lowercase wth.