Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rd-amico

Does turbotax come with multiple users

I want to buy turbo tax for multiple users, me my so and my daughter.  in the past I use the premier version.   is there a specific version of premier I need.  at staples it states only for one user. please respond to my email at [remove]

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

24 Replies

How or where does it say  "one user"?  Are you in Canada?  Canada has different versions like that.  The US versions shouldn't say that at all anywhere.  So I think you might have misread something.  Or Staples advertising is wrong.  Did you see it in the store or on the CD box?
Carl
Level 15

Hey, I was tempted to say, "No, you have to provide the users." hehehehehe

Maybe it says "one state download"

There's a  Quickbooks for 1-2 users at Staples.
Carl
Level 15

I've seen that one, and the way the box is labeled is somewhat mis-leading. From what I read on the small print on the box, it's not limited to the number of users. It's limited to the number of network computers it can be run on simultaneously. You can install the program on 5 computers. But only two of the computers can have the same quickbooks file open at the same time, and be using it at the same time.
If password logins is selected, you can create all the users you want too. But only two can be logged into the program at any one time.

Found it on their website.  This one does say 1 user
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.staples.com/turbotax-home-business-federal-e-file-state-2017-1-user-boxed/product_278617...>
Carl
Level 15

Looks to me like that "one user" wording is just part of the advertising title. I don't see those words on the box pictured.

And if you expand the full product details it does say 5 federal efiles.

The product title on staples is misleading, you can file up to 5 federal e-files for free. As Carl said below, there is not a specific multiple user edition of the product nor is there a single user edition.
Carl
Level 15

Actually there is not such version as "multiple users" or anything of the such with the program.

If you are using the CD/Desktop version of the program that you physically install on your computer, you can use it to complete as many tax returns as you want.

If you are using the online version of the program, then you can only do one tax return per online account. Period. But you can create up to 5 accounts per-email address. So with the online version, one account, one return. It's also considerably more expensive to use the online version if you need to complete more than one tax return.

JOEOHIO

@JOEOHIO wrote:

Check out this link...........

Shop Staples for Intuit TurboTax Premier Fed, E-File, and State 2019 for 1 User, Windows, Download (...

Well, technically that is true.  The software license is only for the purchaser of the software.  It can only be installed on the computers owned by the purchaser.  That does Not mean the software can only be used for one tax return.  The TurboTax desktop software can be used to create as many tax returns as needed.

True ... the program is licensed for only one user ... which means you cannot sell the program to others,  or let others use the program for free.  The License agreement says you are to install the program on computers that only you own thus the one user limitation. 

1.PNG

kath5469

all the ones I've looked at online say 1 user

TurboTax Premier 2020.jpg

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies