Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How long does it take for the TurboTax Live Full Service to be completed? I’m trying this service and so far it’s been a month with little feedback as to how it’s progressing...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

How long does it take for the TurboTax Live Full Service to be completed? I’m trying this service and so far it’s been a month with little feedback as to how it’s progressing...

Once your tax expert receives all your tax documents and information from you, it'll take 5–7 business days to complete your return. See this link here for more information. See this link for assistance with contacting your expert for further assistance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

For future reference for anybody who experiences a similar wait as mine; if it’s been well over 5-7 business days after sharing all documents, what’s the appropriate course of action? Are there any actions or escalations I need/should make? This isn’t a question of communicating with my tax expert; I’ve been told things are “almost done”... “next week hopefully”... and weeks are turning to months here for me and I’ve just waited another week again (now a mid-Friday). At this point I’m disappointed; I think I would have been better served taking this years return elsewhere to be brutally honest.

Another week has gone by. Still not done.

@EbonyL122824 
Another 2 more weeks have gone... still not done. 

Although my assigned tax expert is friendly and responds through the chat channel, the estimated time to complete is grossly misrepresented. If my tax expert is struggling greatly to complete my return; there aren’t enough resources available to my expert to get the job done and it’s not transparent enough to me, the customer, as to what is going on.

I will never use this service again and I’ll likely be taking my taxes elsewhere this weekend. This has been ridiculous.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

You can reach out to your Full Service Expert directly, by following the instructions in the TurboTax Article below, so that they may answer any questions you have and give you an update:

How to contact my Full Service expert?

@Roost

@Cass0317 

This is not a question of contacting my full service expert. In my last post I specifically mention I’m in contact with my expert. The problem is my expert is seemingly unable to deliver a completed return in a timely manner and I have no method for escalating this issue.

KH43

I'm having the same issue. This is my third week after submitting all documents. The 5-7 days is very misleading and I might too need to take my business elsewhere.

Hi @KH43

I figured out how to contact TurboTax and get out from being stuck!
In the app you have to go to the chat feature where you talk to a robo assistant (not your assigned expert)(for me it was a top right corner of the mobile app “?” symbol). Here ask a question like “I need to change my tax expert” or “I need to cancel my full service” basically you need to get the reply where they immediately schedule to call you right away!! I was tempted to just try again with a new expert but ultimately I was fed up this year. From here I was finally able to get out of the full service lock after talking with a live person who gave me a case number! The person I talked to was very helpful and apologetic and fully agreed that my nearly 3 months waiting was unacceptable.
I’m now done with my taxes and my returns have been accepted all in a span of about 3 days since I got out of this TurboTax Full Service mess this year. I’d still recommend TurboTax but not the full service, not until they have a few more years/editions to improve.

PS: also, I live in the west coast and their algorithm matched me with a Tax Expert in the East coast... why?!?!? I should have known then to not continue...

Bx16

Its almost a month now. Why offer this option when it sucks???!!! Waste of my time and money really!!!! Will be taking services elsewhere. Screw live help

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@Bx16

For further assistance with this matter, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
neljasn77

I spoke to the Turbotax rep on the 3rd of March to make sure everything was good to go. She assigned me a CPA to complete my tax. Its now the 30th of March and I have had no feedback, no progress report or anything. I wont be using this service ever again.  So disappointing

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies