How do I fill out/where do I find the 1040 on turbotax? I tried navigating to it from the search results but it just takes me back to the tax home page

The Form 1040 is the backbone of your Federal return so you can only preview it in its entirety - rather than revisiting a set list of questions in the software. 

To preview your 1040:

1. Sign in to TurboTax Online.
  2. Next, click the Take me to my return button
  3. Click Tax Tools from the black menu to the left
  4. Then, select Tools
    To see the Tools option here, you must have moved past the orange "Take me to my return" button and you must be using a web browser (the mobile app will not show you the Tools feature)
  5. In the black menu to the left, click on Preview my 1040 to view your form

how i can download this.

You can review the 1040 in TurboTax Online by following these directions. 

• Down the left side of the screen, click on Tax Tools.
  • Click on Tools.
  • Under Other helpful links, click on View Tax Summary.
  • Down the left side of the screen, click on State Tax Summary to see the actual tax return that you prepared.
  • Down the left side of the screen, click on Preview My 1040 to see the actual tax return that you prepared.
  • Down the left side of the screen, click Back to return.

You can print or view your full tax return prior to filing after you have paid for the software.