Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I file a jury duty pay statement?

My spouse served on a jury during the year and was paid for salary and travel.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

To enter Jury duty pay:

Federal>Wages & Income>Less Common Income>Jury Duty

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You cannot enter jury duty pay in TurboTax Free Edition. You will have to upgrade to one of the paid editions, or use any edition of the CD/Download TurboTax software.
Stevelord

It is dumb though, the paid edition charged me so much total $125. I thought it was only $40, its not worth it. The jury duty, i only stay there 2 days for jury selections. I only getting paid $15-17. Do I have to fill out jury duty in there still????????

If you are eligible you can use the IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax which is free to file both a federal and state tax return. The IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax edition is a full featured personal tax program and on a separate website from the TurboTax online editions.

To qualify for free 2020 federal and state tax returns with the IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax, you'll need to meet at least one of these requirements:

• A maximum 2020 adjusted gross income (AGI) of $39,000; or
  • You qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC); or
  • You served as active duty military (including Reservists and National Guard) with a maximum 2020 AGI of $72,000 (you'll also need a military-issued W-2).

See this TurboTax support FAQ on the Free File Program - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/what-is-the-turbotax-free-file-program/00/...

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the difference between the Free File Program and the Free edition - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/what-s-the-difference-between-free-file-pr...
And see this TurboTax support FAQ on how to switch to the TurboTax Free File Program - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-switch-to-turbotax-free-file-program/00/...

Is Jury duty taxes only for federal? I entered it in (only $24) within the Federal Taxes>Jury Duty, but I didn't see the amount carry over anywhere to my state forms. I didn't see anywhere to enter it within the State tab either for TurboTax Deluxe. 

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Jury duty is added to your federal adjusted gross which is the starting income on your state tax return.  Therefore, your jury duty is already included in your state income.  Verify that your state does not have an exemption/deduction for jury duty that you reported on your federal tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies