turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ffbtwo

How do I delete my turbotax account?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

You can clear all of the information in the account, but you will need to Contact Customer Support  to have an account deactivated.

You can use Clear & Start Over. As long as you haven't paid your TurboTax Online fee (or registered a cost-free version), you can clear any data you entered. (Fees paid through Refund Processing and pre-paid code also count as "paid.") Once you've paid or registered, we're required to store copies of your return. These are the same requirements imposed on accountants, CPAs, and other professional tax preparers.

Don't worry if you started a TurboTax Online return but didn't finish it. We're still dedicated to protecting every customer's personal and financial information. Find out more.

Using Clear & Start Over in TurboTax Online. If you are using a phone or tablet to complete your tax return y will have to exit the app and load the mobile browser or a computer. Clear and Start over is located in the blue bar the left in the mobile web. 

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300662

You can clear all of the information in the account, but you will need to Contact Customer Support  to have an account deactivated.

You can use Clear & Start Over. As long as you haven't paid your TurboTax Online fee (or registered a cost-free version), you can clear any data you entered. (Fees paid through Refund Processing and pre-paid code also count as "paid.") Once you've paid or registered, we're required to store copies of your return. These are the same requirements imposed on accountants, CPAs, and other professional tax preparers.

Don't worry if you started a TurboTax Online return but didn't finish it. We're still dedicated to protecting every customer's personal and financial information. Find out more.

Using Clear & Start Over in TurboTax Online. If you are using a phone or tablet to complete your tax return y will have to exit the app and load the mobile browser or a computer. Clear and Start over is located in the blue bar the left in the mobile web. 

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300662

Clear my account with TurboTax

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

We are not able to help you with account deletion over the AnswerXchange. For assistance with that, you will need to contact us by phone and a representative will be able to explain your options and assist you further. Please follow the instructions listed in the following TurboTax FAQ to contact Customer Support for further assistance.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
njboy1971

I messed up put wrong user I'd on my card need help to fix it please 

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Could you clarify if this is for your Green Dot Card?

cobweb
Returning Member

How do I delete my turbotax files

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

You cannot delete your account.  If you are in the middle of filing you can simply stop filing.  You can also clear the data entered by following the Help Article here.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies