turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Bonwon2923
Returning Member

How do I check for updates

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

32 Replies

Using the TurboTax online editions the software is updated automatically by TurboTax.

Bonwon2923
Returning Member

I can't file my state return because it keeps saying Schedule I has not been updated yet.

@Bonwon2923 wrote:

I can't file my state return because it keeps saying Schedule I has not been updated yet.

Click on the Review tab.  If you have forms and/or schedules that have not yet been finalized for filing then they will be shown with estimated availability dates.

Bonwon2923
Returning Member

That's the weird thing.  I have gone through the Review several times.  It never gives me a time frame as to when it will be available.

Bonwon2923
Returning Member

Here is the message I get each time:

Schedule I: _ This form has not been finalized at this time. We are working to get forms ready for filing in Wisconsin. Please check again later. Do not file the return until this form is finalized in the upcoming release of TurboTax/Wisconsin. To receive an update, select Check for Updates from the Online menu to connect to our website.

@Bonwon2923 wrote:

Here is the message I get each time:

Schedule I: _ This form has not been finalized at this time. We are working to get forms ready for filing in Wisconsin. Please check again later. Do not file the return until this form is finalized in the upcoming release of TurboTax/Wisconsin. To receive an update, select Check for Updates from the Online menu to connect to our website.

Schedule I, Adjustments to Federal AGI   Scheduled to be available on 01/30/2020

See this TurboTax website for Wisconsin state forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_wi_online_individual.html

OK..Schedule I   expected 1/30/2020

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_wi_online_individual.html

But the text you posted should only be seen if you use the Desktop/download software, that is installed on your computer.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Bonwon2923
Returning Member

Thank You

Bonwon2923
Returning Member

Turbo Tax will have the update available on line automatically on that date?

@Bonwon2923 wrote:

Turbo Tax will have the update available on line automatically on that date?

Yes.  Unless the date changes.

You can use this TurboTax support FAQ for checking state forms availability - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/state-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-...

Thanks, all for posting! Wisconsin has the Schedule 1 updated to 2/6/2020. Just in case you're noticing there's the same message!

BillM223
Expert Alumni

@annetotero

As you can see, the estimate release date occasionally slides based on other demands.

Please keep checking the links above and when the date next to Schedule I is replaced by "available", the the form is ready to use, and if that was the only thing stopping you, then you can e-file the state.

If you have already e-filed your federal return, please see the following:

How do I e-file my state after I already filed my federal?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5269973

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I paid and tried to file and said I needed turbo tax updates and to go to m menu and click on updates.

could not find menu.  h ow do I update so can file

Are you using the Desktop program on Windows or Mac?  Or are you using the Online web version?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies