4monkeys

How do I change my choice for filing? I can not e-file state and that was the option I chose.

I chose to have federal and state filed together. I can not e-file state.  How to I have my filing
EbonyL122824

If you are not able to e-file your state tax return, you will need to print them and mail them to your state Department of Revenue. Follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ for instructions on how to do so. Once you print out your state return, you should see the Filing Instructions document that print out with it. On this document you will see the address to where to mail your return to and instructions.

After you have printed your state tax return, you can then switch to the e-filing method to e-file your federal tax return. See the instructions in this link here to do so.

mesquitebean

@ 4monkeys wrote:

What state is it, and why can't you efile the state return?  

Go through the REVIEW tab, and it may tell you why.  Some of your state forms may not yet be ready.   It's better to wait and efile than to print and mail.   And if the forms are not ready, they may have a watermark on them that says "Do Not File".

You can also check state form availability here:

State Forms Availability Table:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/state-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-...

I know you originally chose to file both Federal and State together.  But what happened with the Federal since then?   Did it go through; i.e., did you already efile the Federal?    If you already efiled the Federal by itself, then you cannot efile the state return until the Federal return has been accepted.  Unfortunately, due to late tax law changes the IRS will not even open up to start processing until February 12, 2021, except for a few returns they pull early for testing purposes.   If you did efile the Federal, then check the status at the Tax Home page, and it should say "pending."