turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pattisuebear
Returning Member

help with return

need to talk to a person

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

help with return

It's easy to get help with TurboTax Live. As you prepare your taxes, you can quickly connect with one of our credentialed tax experts using one-way video or phone. Make sure you're in a TurboTax Live product. If you are, you'll see TurboTax Live mentioned in the left menu. (You may need to select the menu icon to see it.)

Once you've confirmed you're using TurboTax Live:

1. Select the floating Live help button in the bottom right corner.
  2. Select Let's talk.
  3. Enter your question or topic area.
  4. Select your preferred method for connecting with a tax expert.

The process is a little different if you're using the TurboTax mobile app. We've got instructions for how to connect with a tax expert on the app.

SmartLook™ option

When talking to an expert, you’ll have the option to get guidance right on your screen with SmartLook. You can see the live expert (they can’t see you) as they guide you by drawing on your screen and providing the answers you need to file confidently. (Available on a computer and in the TurboTax mobile app; not available when using a web browser on a mobile phone or device.)

Who will answer my questions along the way? Who will review my return?

You'll connect with a tax expert who knows your unique situation. Our dedicated tax experts include CPAs (certified public accountants) and EAs (enrolled agents) who have on average 10 years of experience.

When are tax experts available?

Our tax experts can schedule live reviews from 5:00 am to 9:00 pm Pacific time.

How often can I contact a tax expert?

You can connect with a tax expert as often as you like while preparing your taxes.

Can I talk to the same tax expert each time I call?

When you speak to a tax expert on a specific issue or question, they take notes during your call in case you have follow-up questions. While you can't make an appointment with a specific person, the next tax expert you speak to will have reviewed any previous notes and can pick it up from there.

Source: TurboTax FAQ

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Tamtax20

help with return

I need help amending my return without my grandson. Since technically I'm not qualified to file a return and it wont except is this going to stop my stimulus check and how do I fix this

dj84
Returning Member

help with return

File a amend for 2018 and got a letter from state, saying that I need to refile because I didn't submit a it-201.  I don't know what that is.  Please can someone help me.  I trying to get a copy of the return, but having some problem.

dj84
Returning Member

help with return

I have try seveal years to get my 2018 tax return but  haven't receive it yet. IT's said it was rejected on 3/6/2019.  I have been trying in 2018 no luck.  Please help me with this matter.  You can call me at [phone number removed] or [phone number removed].  Thanks you!

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

help with return

@dj84 If you need help accessing your 2018 return that you filed with TurboTax, please see: How do I access a prior year return?

If you need assistance with something else, please give us a call so that we can assist you. Here's how to reach us: What is TurboTax phone number?  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies