turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

eige

Has any Turbo Tax filer/ subscriber with the “expert help” on refunds experienced incorrectly generated routing and account numbers on return by TurboTax like ME????

All responses appear to be AI generated not according to terms of contract. Supposed to be live person. Does anyone want to file a class action suit?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Has any Turbo Tax filer/ subscriber with the “expert help” on refunds experienced incorrectly generated routing and account numbers on return by TurboTax like ME????

If you have the fees deducted from your refund it goes through a 3rd party bank to take the fees out so the IRS gets a different routing and account number.

if you chose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund then the banking information on the tax form is the information to send your refund to the third party bank.  That bank gets your refund first from the IRS.  They take out your TurboTax fees and send the rest to you---and that bank has YOUR direct deposit information.

When you choose "refund processing"   TurboTax gets its fees when the IRS releases your refund.  Your refund goes to the third party bank.  The bank takes out your fees and then that bank sends the rest of the refund to you.

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

What is Refund Processing Service?

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

When using the refund processing service the bank info reflected on the 1040 is for the temporary account set up for this one time purpose.  The IRS was told to deposit your refund to that temporary account set up at the processing bank  and then the processing bank was given your personal bank info so they know where to send  the balance of the refund after the fees are withheld. If you review the contract you signed you will see this bank information reflected.

These temp accounts set up for this one time use purpose have been SOP for the 20+ years that the RAC/RAL functions have been around and trust me that the contract you signed is lawsuit proof ... I saw that contract go from 1 single standard page format to a 4 page legal sized pages due to litigation over the years. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies