cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

TT home and business vs premier

In 2014, I got "Home and Business"

In 2016, I got "Premier" 

Did they discontinue Home and Business?  What is the difference between Home and Business VS Premier?  I looked it up and it said Premier basically has investment properties.  But I was able to do schedule E with Home and Business.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 1

No, Home and Business was not discontinued. You can still purchase it for download by visiting https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/. This will also show you some of the differences in the two programs. The biggest difference between the 2 programs is the ease of use for self-employed personal & business income and expenses. Otherwise, the 2 desktop programs have the same capabilities.

TurboTax Premier does have Schedule E Supplemental Income and Loss, including rental property. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Level 1

No, Home and Business was not discontinued. You can still purchase it for download by visiting https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/. This will also show you some of the differences in the two programs. The biggest difference between the 2 programs is the ease of use for self-employed personal & business income and expenses. Otherwise, the 2 desktop programs have the same capabilities.

TurboTax Premier does have Schedule E Supplemental Income and Loss, including rental property. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 20

FYI - in 2014 they made the Desktop programs be like the Online versions so you had to use a higher version to enter certain things and forms.  That didn’t work out so they put back all the forms into all the Desktop programs.  So you can even use a lower version like Deluxe to enter sch E and C and investments.  You just get more help in the higher versions.  Home & Business is the highest version.  You can see them all here.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="Https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/">Https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/...>