turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 8915-F is available from the IRS but It is not available in turbo tax online. Why and when will it be available?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

262 Replies

Form 8915-F is available from the IRS but It is not available in turbo tax online. Why and when will it be available?

Form 8915-F, Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Retirements for tax year 2021 is estimated to be available in TurboTax on 03/31/2022 (subject to change)

Go to this TurboTax website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

IRS Form 8915-F is final and the instructions state it can be e-filed.

The form and instructions are available on the official IRS website.

@CM19931 wrote:

IRS Form 8915-F is final and the instructions state it can be e-filed.

As shown on the TurboTax website I provided it will be available for either printing or e-filing on 03/31/2022

It is unsat for the turbo live product to not include Form 8915-F when it is available from the IRS hard copy and efile, as well as, from other software companies. It is expensive to file live on turbo and their unwillingness to be up to date is indicative of their preference to push higher pried products using their tax experts rather han to be an effective product for those of us using turbo live who do not need an advisor. I will finish using another software product and because I have already paid in turbo I will not be will not be using them next year

It is unsat for the turbo live product to not include Form 8915-F when it is available from the IRS hard copy and efile, as well as, from other tax software companies. It is expensive to file live on turbo and their unwillingness to be up to date is indicative of their preference to push higher priced products using their tax experts rather than be an effective product for those of us using turbo live who do not need an advisor. I will finish using another software product and because I have already paid in turbo I will not be using them next year. I have used turbo for over ten years and this is truly unsat!!!

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

It may take longer for one form or another to show up in TurboTax for multiple reasons. Our goal is to provide you with the most accurate information possible. As part of this process, we communicate often with the taxing agencies. I have provided the Forms availability link below so you are able to check the dates for the different forms. If the dates do change, it would be posted there:

IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

@CM19931

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is the only form holding me up from submitting.  How on earth can it take turbotax over a month to make it available to efile??  Please pull that 3/31/22 date to the left or I will have to use another service to file.  

KHK1
Level 1

In the same boat and completely agree, totally unacceptable.  The date has moved later several times.

Will be exploring other options, for simple returns not worth the $$.

According to the IRS website:   "Form 8915-F can be completed electronically and e-filed with your tax return.

What exactly is TurboTax waiting for?!?!?   This form is available online on other tax services.  The *ONLY* reason I am waiting with TurboTax is because of "ItsDeductible" contributions, and at this point, I would almost rather enter those manually than wait another month. 

As the most expensive tax prep software out there, Turbotax should be the most up-to-date and the quickest.    Is there any reason to not use "Other reportable income" and then just revise the return with that form if TurboTax ever decides to release it?

I understand under-promising and over-delivering, but 3/31 sets the bar so low it's almost not believable. TurboTax needs to understand the significance of this document situationally. I don't care how frequently it's used or in what % of filings, the impact is significant and this should be escalated. 

e92dream

Yep. Looks like it's time to start using one of the other guys. I had a customer service agent directly lie to me earlier blaming the form unavailability on the IRS. They clearly are doing this on purpose to push people to Live.  Ridiculous.

I am a long time TT user, but this situation has delayed my return over 30 days.  This issue should be elevated to the highest level and resolved by the end of today.  Completely unacceptable to publish a date at the end of March to integrate the 8915-F.

One programmer can solve this in a matter of hours, and a review and QC could be done in short order.  TT has completely dropped the ball on this, and needs to take action to fix it ASAP, or I will take my business elsewhere...permanently

Wait, what? Why will it take 30+ days to provide this to the community? I mean the form is ready and the IRS even has an instruction sheet explaining how to use the form. At bare minimum, you can at least offer the form as is, without TT help, and allow people fill it out themselves, until TT actually gets it hard coded into the system fully. You're Turbo Tax. You're not Turbo Mart. That means you need only to focus on one thing, taxes. So do that! I love logging in and see "File by February 28 to lock in the discounted price." Of course, I can't do that because TT doesn't feel that 8915-F is a priority. I have tot fall in line with everyone else. You're no longer the only kid on the block, and treating your customers poorly and providing subpar service isn't in your best interest. I just searched and a competitor does have it available. Hmmm....

Manage cookies