turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 8915-F is available from the IRS but It is not available in turbo tax online. Why and when will it be available?

TaxSlayer has the form in their software already!  This is unacceptable that others have this form already in their program but you all cannot get this sooner than 3/31/22?  I cannot wait until then to get my taxes done!  Unacceptable as large of a company TT is and they don't have this updated!  I have used TT for well over 12+ years and will no longer use services and will file using TaxSlayer!! 

Form 8915-F is available from the IRS but It is not available in turbo tax online. Why and when will it be available?

TaxSlayer has the form in their software and you CAN email as well with the form!  

TaxSlayer has the form -go to their website and do your taxes!!!  Do not wait until 3/31/22.  Turbo tax will loose alot of customers because of this!

I tried figuring it out but there wasn’t super clear instructions. hR block is another option but I hit a glitch in filing the state refund. Wish everyone luck!! 

Please tell me the competitors company name. I was also told today by a TT Advsior they are waiting for the Feds to release the 8915-F.  I was mis informed by TT!

Jumping ship

I have not researched yet been too busy but i did see one person say tax slayer worked them.

other tax companies have dates for this form to be available much sooner than 3/31/2022. is there any update as to when it will actually be available to use?

Totally unacceptable and will be taking my business elsewhere!!!

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

There are different reasons why the forms take longer to show up within TurboTax. The forms availability table is where we update the information as we receive it from taxing agencies. We make it our goal to keep updated on the most recent data.  

Here is the forms availability list below. 

IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

@jmarcipratt

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I understand that but why does H&R block say it will be ready 3/4 but TurboTax is gonna take 4 extra weeks? 

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

@jmarcipratt  In this public forum, we are provided with form availability information, but not an explanation as to why the form is not available until that date.  For additional information, it would be necessary to contact Customer Support.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I agree with D. Clax below.  This is ridiculous that you cannot have the appropriate form that is already available from the IRS READY for this TAX season.  I am now being delayed in filing taxes through TurboTax another possible 30 days?  As much as TurbroTax fees have gone up, this should not have been a problem!!!  I may also have to reconsider where I put my trust in filing taxes from here on out.  This is unfortunate TurboTax. :(

If form 8915-f is not going to be available until 3/31 will TurboTax charge the earlier filing rate since that is all I have been waiting on since 1/31?

LAB0
Level 1

I find it very unprofessional and non customer service like for Turbo tax to ask for a payment of $307.00 for utilizing thier software. But didn't allow me to complete the last steps to efile, due to them not having the 8915 I need to complete. Wouldn't you think they would have it posted somewhere on their site so customers could be aware of and have another choice to use them or someone else. It takes alot of time to prepare and do taxes and for TurboTax to not preplan to inform thier customers is a poor decision on thier behalf.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies