turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 1120s Shows as available and ready online but is not ready to file when in the program. Does anyone know when it will be available to e-file/paper file?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

40 Replies

Form 1120s Shows as available and ready online but is not ready to file when in the program. Does anyone know when it will be available to e-file/paper file?

Form 1120S is estimated to be available on 02/11/2011 for e-filing or printing (subject to change)

Go to this website for S Corp forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotaxbusiness_fed_windows_scorp....

ck49

Why are the 1120S forms not available for filing yet?  

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

@ck49 If you’re unable to print out a form, it’s because the form isn’t ready to be filed yet. The form isn’t ready for one of the following reasons:

• The IRS (for federal returns) or your state (for state returns) is still working on finalizing the form.
  • The IRS (for federal returns) or your state (for state returns) recently finalized the form, and we're working on adding the form to TurboTax.

We recommend that you sign up within TurboTax to be notified when your form is ready. When you try to print a form that's not available yet, you'll get a message with the option to sign up.

You can find the IRS Form availability information in the link below:

IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

ck49

Your response was not helpful as my question was related to a business tax return specifically form 1120S.  What is the reason for it not to be 'ready to file'?  These are due by March 15, 2021 so I need to file ASAP due to my schedule for March.

Please read the question before you answer! I am so disappointed in your product and service this year.  

Candice

@ck49 wrote:

Your response was not helpful as my question was related to a business tax return specifically form 1120S.  What is the reason for it not to be 'ready to file'?  These are due by March 15, 2021 so I need to file ASAP due to my schedule for March.

Please read the question before you answer! I am so disappointed in your product and service this year.  

Candice

As I stated to the original question on this thread -

Form 1120S is estimated to be available on 02/11/2011 for e-filing or printing (subject to change)

Go to this website for S Corp forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotaxbusiness_fed_windows_scorp....

Also, the IRS will not be accepting or rejecting any 2020 federal tax returns until on or after 02/12/2021.

If you are unable to file the Form 1120S by 03/15/2021 you can file an extension request using Form 7004, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File Certain Business Income Tax, Information, and
Other Returns - https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f7004.pdf

no other tax software is ready yet either.  It has NOTHING to do with INTUIT.

Thank you for the update.  I couldn't find the right page for the updated dates.

This is because the federal/state forms aren't ready yet.  They (the state/feds) always seem to not have things ready at the beginning of the year 😁.

There is usually a page with all of the estimated dates that turbotax publishes (I just couldn't seem to find it this year, so I though it would be good to post to the community).

FDS-TNEV

So....it's 4pm ET on 2/11/2021.  Where's the form?!?

1120s is technically, for tax purposes, a "partnership return" and therefore, companies that issue them are not required to file until April 15th, the same day as individuals. This has been an ongoing issue for many years. Therefore, the forms for programs are still in update mode to ensure you, as a taxpayer, gain the greatest benefit with your filing. 

bandm1

have been getting the same error message for days.  Does anyone know what is going on????

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Form 1120S shows available on the Federal Forms Availability Table. If you are using TurboTax Online, try logging completely out of the TurboTax website, then clear your browser's cache and delete cookies. A full or corrupted cache can keep TurboTax from functioning and updating properly. If that doesn't work, try a different browser.

If you are using TurboTax Desktop, you may need to update your softwareIf you are still getting the message the form is not ready, please reach out to a TurboTax representative for assistance. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@bandm1

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
vxh
Level 1

I signed up to get an email when the forms I needed were available. Got an email today:

The wait is over! The tax forms we needed to finish up your taxes are ready.

• Form 1120S, U.S. Income Tax Return for an S Corporation (p3-4)
  • Form 1120S, U.S. Income Tax Return for an S Corporation (p1-2)
  • Form 1120S Schedule K-1, Shareholder's Share of Income, Deductions, Credits, etc.

Opened up TT, applied the updates, navigate thru the step by step and got the same error. The forms aren't available, you can't file. Do you want to be notified when the forms are ready? Uh ok. 15 minutes later I get the same email that the forms are ready!!!

@vxh See this TurboTax support FAQ for how to check the TurboTax Business edition forms availability - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/taxation/irs-forms-availability-table-tu...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies