Every time I turn on Turbotax on same computer it ...

Every time I turn on Turbotax on same computer it asks me to enter activation code, last time it said I have used activation code maximum number of times?

This error is caused by the Internet connection being unable to resolve connection to our server for license activation. There can be many reasons for this and they may not impact regular Internet usage and activity.

One of the following methods should resolve this issue. If they're successful, TurboTax will skip activation and open the starting screen where you can begin or continue your return.

If the product continues to prompt you for an activation code you have been unsuccessful.

Method 1: Temporarily disable your antivirus/anti-malware/firewall software

Method 2: Restart your router/modem

Method 3: Configure the TCP/IP settings

Method 4: IP config command line tool

I've only installed the software on one computer. I've tried on the second computer but keep getting Error Code 603. This is ridiculous.

@krmeyer369 wrote:

I don't know if this will help, but a user anecdotally reported this worked for him/her.  It's quick and easy to try.  This is for a Windows PC.

• Close TurboTax.
  • Right-click on your desktop TurboTax icon, and choose Properties.
  • In the Properties popup, go to the Compatibility tab.
  • Place a checkmark for "Run this program as administrator."
  • Click Apply and OK/Save.
  • Launch TurboTax, and see if it still asks you to activate.
  • Please report back your results.

If you continue to have difficulty, unless you get additional suggestions in this thread, here's how to reach Customer Support during business hours:

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days.

You can use this contact form to get an incident number and phone number:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Going Administrator didn't work for me. :(

It always bothers me when people play at IT or I call it a doctor on TV.  You do not have to restart your router or modem.  Funny how everyone always says to do that.  BS

"

Method 1: Temporarily disable your antivirus/anti-malware/firewall software Method 2: Restart your router/modem Method 3: Configure the TCP/IP settings Method 4: IP config command-line tool"

The only thing that has changed is the code that TT wants now that they use the activation code.  This tells me nobody tested the new variable (activation code to see if there are bugs).  If one registers it once, it should be on the server at TT.

The above will not work, now if you really wanted to know,  take a data capture but I guarantee you it will be at TT end

It is a Turbo Tax issue.  The app reaches out to the server and more than likely the code per your purchase is not staying cached.  

FIXED !

I had this problem this morning and went around in circles trying to solve the issue. 

After reading some other posts about external disks, I removed a 32GB USB blank but formatted memory stick in my machine and it worked...TurboTax fires up correctly. Put the stick back in and it requests me to enter an activation code. 

I have tried it 10 or 12 times and removing the stick makes it work and putting the stick back in causes the activation code request.

This stick was not in there when I installed Turbotax way back last December.

Does anyone have an idea what is happening here