turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

msand65

Attach form 3115. Online info for attaching form is wrong. How do we attach form 3115 in Turbo Tax Premier desktop version?

Simple 3115 needed to attach to return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

Attach form 3115. Online info for attaching form is wrong. How do we attach form 3115 in Turbo Tax Premier desktop version?

Enter 3115 in the Search/Find box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to 3115

msand65

This does not work. I tried this before I asked the question.

What does not work?  Did you get the Jump to 3115 link in the Find box?
Did you not get to the screen where it told you that the Form 3115 had to be completed in Forms mode and attached to your tax return?
msand65

I did get the "Jump to 3115" button. I clicked on it and I only get a screen describing what form 3115 is. That is all. Nothing about "forms mode". That is new information. How do I start forms mode?

Click on Forms on the upper right of the desktop program screen.  When in Forms mode click on Open Form in the upper left of the screen.  Type in 3115.  There are 6 parts to the 3115.  Highlight parts 1-3 and click on Open Form.
msand65

This does work. The help needs to be updated. As a engineers, I know this is complex software. Now, I will need to attach some explanations for 3115. Is there a simple way to attach an explanation that we wrote?

Only if you are mailing the tax return can an attachment be included with your tax return.  You would need to enter your name, Social Security number, the Form number and Line number of the form you are referring to on the attachment with your explanation.

Can you e-file your Form 1120S without the Form 3115's attachment and separately mail the hard copy with the required attached explanation statement?

ben02g
Returning Member

I have the same question. "Can you e-file your Form 1120S without the Form 3115's attachment and separately mail the hard copy with the required attached explanation statement?" 

Would appreciate any advice on this. 

AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

Yes, that is how the 3115 should be filed if you want to e-file your 1120S.

@ben02g

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies