Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

e-file transmission error

@edwarvoy wrote:

I have the same error in North Carolina filing taxes

The North Carolina Individual Income Tax Return Form D-400 is not yet available for e-filing.  It is estimated to be available on 02/24/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for North Carolina state forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_nc_online_individual.html

If you want to e-file your federal tax return now then change how you file the NC state return.  This assumes that all of the forms and schedules included in your federal tax return are available for e-filing.

If using the TurboTax online editions click on File on the left side of the online program screen.  On Step 3 of the File section click on Start or Revisit.  Select the button File by Mail.  Then change the filing status of the state return.

After the federal return is e-filed and accepted by the IRS you can e-file the state return when it is available for e-filing.  Just use the same procedure and change the state return back to e-filing.

itsmej11

Thanks for this info! 

jsi

I am having SAME issue and error in NC, so I don't think this is limited to RI

This is ridiculous. NC state form not ready?! I bet they want their money when “they are ready”. Taxes are available to be filed so states should be ready on time. 

I’m having the same issue trying to file my returns I’m using the online one and it keeps saying tax transition 2021 in unavailable 

Casby1

Same in NC. States 2021 tax transmission unavailable 

Casby1

Yes! BS!

@DoninGA  Thank you so much for your help!

I was having the same problem. I followed your instructions and only E-filed my Federal taxes but not the NC state return and that worked for me! My Federal Return was accepted within minutes. Now I just have to remember to go back and E-file my NC State Return after 2/24/2022.

I am getting this message when trying to file my NC Return: Tax Year 2021 transmissions are not available.

That is strange since a week ago all my Federal, NC and SC were successful.  I got a rejection for a W2 error that was more an Intuit error. Both my Federal and SC was accepted with no issue with my W2. Is the system down? I made the correction as instructed and now I can not resubmit.

beffycabeza
Returning Member

TurboTax.JPGGot the email that NC D-400 was ready, still get the issue that transmission is unavailable.  This is absolutely ridiculous with TurboTax this year.

@beffycabeza wrote:

Got the email that NC D-400 was ready, still get the issue that transmission is unavailable.  This is absolutely ridiculous with TurboTax this year.

The North Carolina Individual Income Tax Return Form D-400 is not yet available for e-filing.  It is estimated to be available on 02/24/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for North Carolina state forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_nc_online_individual.html

If you want to e-file your federal tax return now then change how you file the NC state return.  This assumes that all of the forms and schedules included in your federal tax return are available for e-filing.

If using the TurboTax online editions click on File on the left side of the online program screen.  On Step 3 of the File section click on Start or Revisit.  Select the button File by Mail.  Then change the filing status of the state return.

After the federal return is e-filed and accepted by the IRS you can e-file the state return when it is available for e-filing.  Just use the same procedure and change the state return back to e-filing.

beffycabeza
Returning Member

Then why is TurboTax sending out the emails that the document is ready, so that we can file? 

Same issue here in NC. Family members filed first week in February and it worked fine. Now mine is not transmitting.  Basic form, I’m a college student. 

Tax Year 2021 transmissions are not available.

@Slarsen912 wrote:

Same issue here in NC. Family members filed first week in February and it worked fine. Now mine is not transmitting.  Basic form, I’m a college student. 

Tax Year 2021 transmissions are not available.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies