Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

e-file transmission error

I've got the same problem.  I was getting the exact same error message as you.

I tried filing them separately.   The fed and MA went off fine, RI produced the same error again.

I have no idea why?    I would have thought the turbotax software would have been intelligent enough to display the error for only the state that had the problem and to be more descriptive in the error message.

Giving a single grouped together error like this is like 1980's technology.

I saw this article, which acknowledges that the RI e-filing issues are a TurboTax issue.  It also specifies a forms availability date of February 3, but so far the problem is not resolved.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-return/help/why-[product key removed]d-have-a-late-file-start/...

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it.  I found it annoying that the error message displayed didn't specifically specify the issue being with the state of RI filing.  It took googling to figure out I could transmit the FED and MA.  My refunds would have been delayed if I hadn't.  I would expect the software to have a more modern error message system.  They did so much right with turbotax, its a shame to see them fall on their face with an issue like this.  

Let's hope for a quick resolution.  RI's tax structure is relatively simple, which makes this issue all the more baffling.  Indications are that the correct forms aren't ready, yet they show as "available" on the TurboTax website.

None of the software apps I use, especially at work, provide error messages that are particularly robust.  My "favorite" one was something like "Error encountered: You encountered an error."  I swear this is true!

Hello! Just updating on Sunday 2/6- RI state E-filing still not transmitting.

peconnol
Returning Member

I am getting the same problem  and see the  message "Tax Year 2021 transmissions are not available - TurboTax is not ready to process Tax Year 2021 for this return."  I also am attempting to file Federal together with Rhode Island returns.

RI will still not transmit.  I've used Turbo Tax for years and this is the first year I've had this problem.

If any Turbo Tax employees monitor this board, please comment. 

Is this a RI Gov problem or a Turbo Tax problem?   I can't tell, I only know I can't get my RI return to transmit.

Same problem with NC return. Is there not a way to submit Federal and Intuit/TurboTax submit the NC forms once ready? How do we submit them separately? It is highly unethical to push your promotion for Free filing with a deadline of Feb 15th but not have the issues resolved so people can actually transmit the returns. This is one of numerous posts on this issues going back over a week. Please advise!!!!

Mvh2

I just tried to file, it doesn’t say why or what forms aren’t working, but I’m living in NC, I wish it would just go through

I was able to successfully transmit RI today. I just got an email it was accepted. 

Exact same error here for e-transmission of NC state taxes.  I do not like that TurboTax took my payment for e-transmission of a tax return that cannot currently be submitted.  Please advise on when this will be corrected.  Does anyone know when NC will take e-transmission of returns from TurboTax?

Screenshot_[phone number removed]21.png

I'm filing my daughter in laws taxes and this is coming up 7 times.

Everything is correct & simple single filing.

A couple of other friends have this in NC too.

Screenshot_20220210-222721.png

The same problem in NC

Just received this message when trying to file ….any help? 

D3C26BEF-28F6-4B88-9C76-BA066C8E36E9.png

I’m from NC and I’m having the can’t transmission error like some of the others from RI. Are you guys working on the issue for the state returns??!!!!  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies