Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

e-file transmission error

@ Dwaynegrier12 wrote:

I’m from NC and I’m having the can’t transmission error like some of the others from RI. Are you guys working on the issue for the state returns??!!!!  

Dwaynegrier12 and ShAlex1009 and other NC filers in this thread:

Several NC state forms are not yet finalized and available for efiling.   It looks like most are predicted to be available on 2/24/2022.    See the list of available NC forms and expected dates here:

State Forms Availability List
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/state-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-...

I have the same problem in North Carolina. The message from Turbotax simply reads: "We could not e-file your return for the following reason: Tax Year 2021 transmissions are not available."  That's it.  If the problem is with NC then why won't my Federal return go through?

I"m having the same error for my NC taxes. 

@Shaniqueal wrote:

I"m having the same error for my NC taxes. 

The North Carolina Individual Income Tax Return Form D-400 is not yet available for e-filing.  It is estimated to be available on 02/24/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for North Carolina state forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_nc_online_individual.html

@afloyd2386 wrote:

Same problem with NC return. Is there not a way to submit Federal and Intuit/TurboTax submit the NC forms once ready? How do we submit them separately? It is highly unethical to push your promotion for Free filing with a deadline of Feb 15th but not have the issues resolved so people can actually transmit the returns. This is one of numerous posts on this issues going back over a week. Please advise!!!!

If you want to e-file your federal tax return now then change how you file the NC state return.  This assumes that all of the forms and schedules included in your federal tax return are available for e-filing.

If using the TurboTax online editions click on File on the left side of the online program screen.  On Step 3 of the File section click on Start or Revisit.  Select the button File by Mail.  Then change the filing status of the state return.

After the federal return is e-filed and accepted by the IRS you can e-file the state return when it is available for e-filing.  Just use the same procedure and change the state return back to e-filing.

The North Carolina Individual Income Tax Return Form D-400 is not yet available for e-filing.  It is estimated to be available on 02/24/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for North Carolina state forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_nc_online_individual.html

You can go back and isolate your federal return. Select efile on federal and mail on state. Then complete efile and it will only file federal. You can complete state when your state accepts efile there is a link in one of these threads to see your states acceptance date. Hope that’s helpful. 

getting the same error in NC today, already paid for transmission whats up with this?

I Have tried several times myself to e-file my tax return and its constantly telling me my 2021 has a transmission error.. Im not understanding why at all i have been using efile for years now.. It is nerve wrecking and so annoying. Please let me know if yall have had any updates.

I am having the same issue in Nc 

C13ABF93-AC10-488D-A5F3-41800F955029.png

@Eyemakuthnk 

If you want to e-file your federal tax return now then change how you file the NC state return.  This assumes that all of the forms and schedules included in your federal tax return are available for e-filing.

If using the TurboTax online editions click on File on the left side of the online program screen.  On Step 3 of the File section click on Start or Revisit.  Select the button File by Mail.  Then change the filing status of the state return.

After the federal return is e-filed and accepted by the IRS you can e-file the state return when it is available for e-filing.  Just use the same procedure and change the state return back to e-filing.

Sharaine

I’m form NC and getting the same Tax year 2021 transmissions not available! It’s Feb 11! It’s the middle of the month. The problem needs to get fix or don’t charge because TurboTax having issues. 

@Sharaine wrote:

I’m form NC and getting the same Tax year 2021 transmissions not available! It’s Feb 11! It’s the middle of the month. The problem needs to get fix or don’t charge because TurboTax having issues. 

Keycruz75

I’m here in Nc and my forms will not submit either. Are there forms not available for NC?

@Keycruz75 wrote:

I’m here in Nc and my forms will not submit either. Are there forms not available for NC?

edwarvoy

I have the same error in North Carolina filing taxes

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies