jj234248

Does TT submit my 1099misc NEC forms to the IRS for my contractors? If so, can I submit them before the January 31st date, but not have my personal taxes competed yet?

AmyC

Yes, if you filed using an Intuit product, the forms will be electronically filed with the IRS.Those forms are used to create personal returns. Your personal return is not required until April 15.

Here is a link for those that need to file the 1099 for contractors.

hslettel

How to I create and file the new 1099-NEC form? I paid $1500 to a landscaper and need to report that to the IRS and FTB in California by January 31st on the 1099-NEC.

@hslettel Did you pay him as a business expense?  You don't need to give him a 1099NEC for work you had done personally for you.  

How to prepare 1099Misc & W2
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/how-do-i-create-w-2-and-1099-forms-in-turbotax/00/25869

hslettel

I had landscaping done on a rental property, so yes, it is a business.  My understanding is a 1099-NEC has be generated and sent to the contractor and the IRS for any work done over $600.

Irene2805

You are correct - The IRS states that you must file Form 1099-NEC, Nonemployee Compensation (NEC), "for each person in the course of your business to whom you have paid at least $600 during the year."  The services have to be performed by someone who is not your employee (including parts and materials) (box 1).

Since you only have one to prepare, you can download Form 1099-NEC and instructions from the IRS website.

hslettel

Thanks! I've done this now. I was thinking there might be a way to do it through TT premier since it handles rental income, but I guess not.