Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TaneshaF

Does anyone know how to request a refund for TurboTax Deluxe Online (not the download or CD)? I already submitted payment but haven't filed.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

Does anyone know how to request a refund for TurboTax Deluxe Online (not the download or CD)? I already submitted payment but haven't filed.

See this TurboTax support FAQ on how to contact Support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3401489
If the problem concerns any type of refund for fees, use the key words billing issues and do Not use the word Refund or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.

TaneshaF

I have contacted customer support twice.  The first person gave me the instructions for "clear and start over" which didn't work because I've already paid for Deluxe Online but I haven't filed yet.  So when I try to clear and start over, it tells me it can't because I've already paid.  So I called a second time.  After being on the phone and hold for over 30 minutes, they tell me they can't cancel or refund, that I have to fill out a refund request form.  So they email me the form. Except it won't LET me fill it out because it's to get a refund for TurboTax Download or CD!  I need to cancel TurboTax Online AFTER I've paid, but before I've filed.  And I'm getting NO WHERE!

I am having the same issue! Customer service is talking me in circles and keeps referring me to the refund request for the download/CD, which is not my problem because I submitted payment for TurboTax Deluxe Online! Would love some guidance on this issue.

aczoo
Returning Member

Same, I've called customer service three times to no avail. Upon filing a refund request using the online form, I had received no update on my case via email and had to check said status using the same form, to which it said case closed. Was wondering what this means and how I should proceed.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

We are not able to assist you with your TurboTax account in this public forum. Please reach back out to TurboTax Customer Support to discuss your options. Please visit the Contact Us page and select your product to get you to the right person.

@aczoo

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Pear
Level 2

I have the same issue. I talked to 3 different people. They told me 3 different things. Now 

Intuit refund request is closed. I don't know what it means.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@Pear, Please take a look at the following reference: How do I request a refund for a Turbo Tax product?

msansone7

I am also having the same problem. Its not clear that (a) you can't directly edit forms in the online version (b) there is a limit of 5 states (~$250!), I need to file 6. I have paid for online but haven't filed, but need to the download version to address.

Can you please clarify the path to address quickly as tax deadline is near.

Thanks,

Mike

@msansone7 Do you mean you want to switch from using online to using the CD/download software?   You must have a full PC or Mac----the CD/download cannot be used on any sort of mobile device.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-th...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
kyleb804
Returning Member

Same thing, a screen saying to continue to wrap up your return, then no indication that you are about to be charged for "TurboTax Deluxe" and not having to say pay for your return if you owe. Then you are prompted with a payment form you fill it out, then it shows a lovely order summary of the subtotal, taxes, and order total AFTER you put in your info and pay.

It is blatantly unclear that this is about to charge you for a deluxe package rather than you entering in your information for your return. It's very anti-user, and scummy business practice, I'm so glad that instead of paying the mere 6$ I owed that now I had to pay 65$ additional for the Deluxe because of the unclear review and filing flow. Absolute garbage and it seems many others have had the same experience.

Garbage company, hope you go under

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

If you wish to request a refund, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible.  

@kyleb804 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies