Solved: Do I have to re-buy TurboTax every year?

Do I have to re-buy TurboTax every year?

I bought it last year and this year, it wants me to pay again. I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just asking.

Yes...whether Desktop software, or Online Software, you have to purchase it every year.

____________________________________

Exception:  The Online "Free" version will let you file for Free ...for Federal & State early in the tax year...or with a state charge if you wait too long (sometime in late Feb or March).

BBBBBBUT !  The Online Free version can only be used with the very simplest of tax returns (1040EZ, 1040A)...no itemized deductions, no Self-employment income, no Brokerage or Mutual fund transactions.  And Online Free does not allow you access to your prior-year tax files unless you pay ($30 this year).

who do i ask because the same thing happened to me.  I paid $54.99 for fed and state download for 2017....now they just say i'm out of luck... and keep my money no credit nothing??

Not sure what you are asking...but Customer Support is here..they're pretty busy today..

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number">https://ttlc.intuit.com...>

____________________________________

yes.

Yes, You have to buy it every year it changes so often... Even if you have it downloaded or have the CD it will need to be updated. it sucks but its taxes constant changes.