Solved: Do I have to re-buy TurboTax every year?

kinsma90

Do I have to re-buy TurboTax every year?

I bought it last year and this year, it wants me to pay again. I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just asking.

SteamTrain

Yes...whether Desktop software, or Online Software, you have to purchase it every year.

____________________________________

Exception:  The Online "Free" version will let you file for Free ...for Federal & State early in the tax year...or with a state charge if you wait too long (sometime in late Feb or March).

BBBBBBUT !  The Online Free version can only be used with the very simplest of tax returns (1040EZ, 1040A)...no itemized deductions, no Self-employment income, no Brokerage or Mutual fund transactions.  And Online Free does not allow you access to your prior-year tax files unless you pay ($30 this year).

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

dandkidz1

who do i ask because the same thing happened to me.  I paid $54.99 for fed and state download for 2017....now they just say i'm out of luck... and keep my money no credit nothing??
SteamTrain

Not sure what you are asking...but Customer Support is here..they're pretty busy today..

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number">https://ttlc.intuit.com...>
SteamTrain

____________________________________

JEPL

yes.

Leroy Tillman Jr

Yes, You have to buy it every year it changes so often... Even if you have it downloaded or have the CD it will need to be updated. it sucks but its taxes constant changes.

Cierricka01

Is it me are the downloads not working this year

mesquitebean

@ Cierricka01 wrote:

We don't know if it's you or not.  This is an old thread on a different topic.

We don't know what your issue is and what you are trying to do.  And we don't know what "not working" means or what roadblock you are encountering.   To get help in a user community forum, you need to describe your situation in enough detail that someone might be able to assist.   But don't post any personal info in this public Internet forum.