turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My efile payment page is blank

There is something wrong with my Turbotax software:

1. At the top menu "File -> Sign in" -> blue "Sign in" button:  the pop up dialog box is blank. I can't see anything on the blank page, and so I can't login there.

2. At the efile process, click "pay with your credit card" blue button:

(1). Again I got a blank page where I can't do anything to complete the credit card payment.

(2). After I clicked here and there on the blank page (trying to see if I can bring up something meaningful shown up), a message pops up showing sth. like "You won't have another chance to do the purchase. Do you want to input the confirmation code before you leave from this page"?   So I dare not do anything further but leave the blank page alone, with the worry if I can still complete the credit card payment.

Could you please help with all of the above issues, so that I can use turbotax as usual and complete the efile process?

Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@jameszhjw wrote:

What I was trying to do was just to pay the $24.99 state e-filing fee by my credit card, but the popped-up  payment page is blank.

If you are using the Windows version, then this is possibly due to a display setting issue. 

A blank or partially-blank popup screen (either initially at activation, downloading a state program, or during efiling when paying) may be related to either a screen resolution or scaling problem in your Windows settings.

In Windows 10 to get to the scaling or resolution settings click the Windows start button in lower left corner, then choose Settings (gear icon), then System, then Display.   Or for a shortcut, you may be able to simply right-click on an empty area of the main Windows desktop monitor screen (not the TurboTax program screen) and in the popup menu choose "Display settings".

NOTE:  After you change the scaling or resolution setting as discussed below, you might need to close and relaunch TurboTax for the change to take place in that popup window.  Some users have said they rebooted after changing the display settings and then launched TurboTax.

First try the scaling setting.  In your Windows Settings do you have scale set to a higher value than the normal 100%?  If so, change it back to 100%.

If lowering the scaling to 100% didn't help, then it may be screen resolution.  Try a lower screen resolution such as 800x600.   If that doesn't work, then try 1024x768.    If still not working, then gradually increase the screen resolution to the next level.

You can later put the display settings back like you want them.

View solution in original post

25 Replies

do you have an ad blocker? disable it for the TurboTax website.

OR

try a different browser.

How to check and disable any Ad blocker?  I don't think I have, but I can make a try if there is any instruction.

The blank page was invoked from within the Turbotax desktop software, and the page was brought up automatically - so I don't know who to change a different browser since I don't see the URL anywhere. the turbo tax desktop software brings up the page, and didn't give me any chance to change a browser. 

Thanks.

OK my reply was assuming the Online version of TurboTax.

@jameszhjw If you are using the CD/download what are you trying to pay for?   What do you mean when you say you are trying to pay for the "e-file process?"   If you have the desktop software it includes e-filing for your federal return.   Are you also trying to e-file a state return-----that is an extra fee of $24.99  but you can print sign and mail the state without paying a fee.  or did you add some other feature like audit defense.  I am puzzled by what you are trying to pay for that has you attempting to sign in for something if you are using desktop software.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@jameszhjw 

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Monday-Friday.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

What I was trying to do was just to pay the $24.99 state e-filing fee by my credit card, but the popped-up  payment page is blank.

@jameszhjw wrote:

If you are using the Windows version, then this is possibly due to a display setting issue. 

A blank or partially-blank popup screen (either initially at activation, downloading a state program, or during efiling when paying) may be related to either a screen resolution or scaling problem in your Windows settings.

In Windows 10 to get to the scaling or resolution settings click the Windows start button in lower left corner, then choose Settings (gear icon), then System, then Display.   Or for a shortcut, you may be able to simply right-click on an empty area of the main Windows desktop monitor screen (not the TurboTax program screen) and in the popup menu choose "Display settings".

NOTE:  After you change the scaling or resolution setting as discussed below, you might need to close and relaunch TurboTax for the change to take place in that popup window.  Some users have said they rebooted after changing the display settings and then launched TurboTax.

First try the scaling setting.  In your Windows Settings do you have scale set to a higher value than the normal 100%?  If so, change it back to 100%.

If lowering the scaling to 100% didn't help, then it may be screen resolution.  Try a lower screen resolution such as 800x600.   If that doesn't work, then try 1024x768.    If still not working, then gradually increase the screen resolution to the next level.

You can later put the display settings back like you want them.

I'm having the same problem and changing the resoluti is not resolving the issue

@dwjohnson1968 wrote:

I'm having the same problem and changing the resoluti is not resolving the issue

If using Windows did you also check to make sure scaling is set at 100%?   After making the display changes, some folks have also had to close the TurboTax program, reboot the computer, and then relaunch TurboTax.

If you continue to have problems, here's how to speak to TurboTax Support for realtime help:

Business hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight).

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

The credit card payment page is missing.  I get the following everytime (tried about 50 times). We are have trouble processing your request.   

Yeah you are cause you never allowed the page for the input of the credit card!  I tried the suggestion of the display setting.  Still did not work.

Tried both of these suggestions.  Still not bring up credit card input page.

@Unrealawfulservice wrote:

Tried both of these suggestions.  Still not bring up credit card input page.

Unless you get another suggestion in this user forum, you'll need to contact the folks at TurboTax Support.  This time of year they are open 7 days/week 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern.)

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

dvorakt1
Returning Member

This is still a problem in Turbotax I am using Windows 11 and the software turbotax verson (not online).  I am tryint to Charge Credit Card for the @$20.00 Virginig E-File.  A blank page pops up and sometimes a page pops up "Lets Complete Your Purchase Online.  The continue button does not work, click on it and nothing happens.  Sign in using the software version "File -Sign in" pops up a blank page. Help Turbotax Help Center is a blank pop-up, or takes forever to populate with information.  Please help to finally resolve this issue! 

dvorakt1
Returning Member

This response looks like a cut and paste from previous years.  I already tried these steps and even just tried again and still the problems exist.     

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies