Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Cannot seem to get the form 5695 imported into my turbo tax efile how do I do this?

I am using the online TT portal, not a CD or download. What are the directions for that?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Cannot seem to get the form 5695 imported into my turbo tax efile how do I do this?

here are the instructions: Go to the black panel on the left side of your program and select Tax Tools.

1. Then select Tools below Tax Tools.
  2. A window will pop up which says Tools Center.
  3. On this screen, select Share my file with Agent.
  4. You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is. Click okay through this screen and then you will get a Token number.
  5. Reply to this thread with your Token number. This will allow us to open a copy of your return without seeing any personal information.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I found it. My token is attached.Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 10.06.36 AM.png

Please let me know as soon as you've taken a look and can tell me what happened. I will be filing an amended return when that opens on Feb. 15.

Our tax returns got rejected because of this mess.  I had to go back in and input the information again into the 5695 form.  I wonder if it was just ours or everyone elses too?

My return was also rejected because of missing data on the 5695 form. During the entry process the software asks to verify that the address shown is where the home improvements were completed. I selected "yes" and then further down in the process the software instructs that if there are multiple addresses, add them below. I left that blank since there aren't multiple.

This time I re-entered my home address in the multiple address field and the return was accepted. Hope that helps. It's not intuitive. And the TT software doesn't check for an address in that field.

Unfortunately, I already filed mine so I have to do an amended return when it opens up this Thursday, February 15th.

Can you please let me know what you found out about my tax situation with the 5695 Home Energy Credit form? I sent you what was requested.

dama0711
Returning Member

This is insane and my last year to do my taxes with Turbotax, I already paid and still waiting for that 5695 form to file my 2023 taxes. 

@dama0711 wrote:

This is insane and my last year to do my taxes with Turbotax, I already paid and still waiting for that 5695 form to file my 2023 taxes. 

The Form 5695 for tax year 2023 was updated with a software release on 02/08.  Did you update your software?

Click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen.  Click on Check for Updates

jcafaro10

I'm using Turbo Tax Online and when I try to do my energy credits I get this message: "We're updating how joint occupancy costs are reported on the tax return based on new tax law changes from IRS. Please check back with us soon." Any idea when "soon" is?

taxsnail

Well It is calculating 0% for me.  On the fence with completing the filing or just going somewhere else. Spent over an hour trying to get it to work,  I can't upload the form and it will only show the box for insulation if I click some improvements made on property not all. Very frustrating!

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Form 5695 is currently is being updated. The current estimated date for the fix is 02/24/24. Please try after that date following these steps:

1. Navigate to Deductions & Credits, and select Home Energy Credits.
2. Follow on screen prompts to answer all questions related to Home Energy Credits. 

3. Do not exit this topic without answering all of the Home Energy Credit questions.
4. When you reach the Home Energy Credit Summary, click Continue.
5. Review and correct any errors that are flagged. When all errors have been corrected, retransmit your return for electronic filing.

Here is the link for updates:  Form 5695 Updates

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I called TurboTax last week and spoke to a rep who helped me get it all settled. I can't refile an amended return electronically. It has to be mailed to the IRS. I would think you would know that.

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

You can e-file an amended federal tax return. See the TurboTax Help article Can I e-file my federal Form 1040-X amended return? for more information.

@galifrey1963 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies