Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Cannot seem to get the form 5695 imported into my turbo tax efile how do I do this?

@MC09 wrote:

I still am unable to file because of this dumb 5695 form. I bought the disc and am not using the cloud version. Any updates? I need this done like yesterday.

You have to update your software.

Click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen.  Click on Check for Updates.  The Form 5695 for tax year 2023 is available and updated.

Cannot seem to get the form 5695 imported into my turbo tax efile how do I do this?

So I just have the plain ole not upgraded to deluxe form of TurboTax. When I was going through everything my estimated federal return included my credit for our heat pump. BUT...after everything was showing to be ready to file today (Feb 8, 2024) my credit DISAPPEARED!!! Now my federal return is way less than it was to be so now what do I do? This is ridiculous!! Clearly TurboTax didn't give me my credit 

Yea well it may have been "fixed" but then why did my credit amount disappear as soon as I filed??? The whole time I was working on my taxes, the credit was showing in my estimated refund amount. Filed this morning and it was gone. Guess no credit for me thanks to TurboTax 

You have to go back to the Home Energy Credit section and "rereview" and enter all the information again after the form has updated. The form was wiped clean when Turbotax did the form update so you have to enter the credit again. That's why your tax return was less because you just submitted without re-entering the information.  It happened to me also and I had to go back and re-enter the info to get my correct home energy credit. 

jchutax

Still not happening today as on 2/8.

So annoying but thank you! Unfortunately I'd already filed and everything is showing as accepted. Guess now I will have to wait until I can amend my return....

At least for me it still isn't fixed. It just states "We're updating how joint occupancy costs are reported on the tax return based on new tax law changes from IRS. Please check back with us soon." With no eta is super annyoing and considering they said it would be ready on 02/07 but apparently it isn't.

Mezzy879
Returning Member

Was finally able to file last night, but my state and federal are still in pending status. I don’t know why, but I believe TT still hasn’t sent them to IRS yet.

MC09

That fixed it! I am on a MAC so I closed out of everything and then reopened - did the update and have now filed. Appreciate the help!

I was able to do my taxes today 02/08 with the updated energy credits for 2023 

Once their systems updated on February 7th at night, the form was available. I checked all my information on TurboTax, in regard to my solar payment information, and then I happily e-filed my taxes. Low and behold, my federal return went down substantially. The next day, I called TurboTax and spoke with an amazing representative who let me know that for some reason form 5695 was not part of my tax return. Now I have to wait until February 15th to amend it. I don't know what it is with these forms.

Same thing happened to me. Everything about our heat pump that I entered in got deleted and the return was a LOT less when I filed. I'm just hoping that the date of Feb 15th holds true to amend

That's interesting because that's exactly what happened to me, except mine was $768. However, when I downloaded my return and look through all the forms, there was NO form 5695 attached, and the rep that I spoke to, who did the computer entry to see my account screen, said that it looks like mine didn't go through. She also told me to call ahead and they would go through the amendment with me. Maybe they're just counting on everyone to just accept the amount they get. I will definitely be on there first thing next Thursday to amend my return.

Mezzy879
Returning Member

Thanks for the information…this is a messy situation. I’m about to call TT right now see if I get the same feedback from a rep. UGH

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

We would like to take a deeper dive into this message to assist you.  In order to do this, it would be helpful to have a TurboTax ".tax2023" file that is experiencing this issue. You can send us a “diagnostic” file that has your “numbers” but not your personal information. If you would like to do this, here are the instructions: Go to the black panel on the left side of your program and select Tax Tools.

1. Then select Tools below Tax Tools.
  2. A window will pop up which says Tools Center.
  3. On this screen, select Share my file with Agent.
  4. You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is. Click okay through this screen and then you will get a Token number.
  5. Reply to this thread with your Token number. This will allow us to open a copy of your return without seeing any personal information.

Here are the instructions if you are using TurboTax CD/Download:

1. Click on Online in the top left menu of TurboTax CD/Download for Windows
  2. Select 'Send Tax File to Agent'
  3. Write down or send an image of your token number then place in this issue.
  4. We can then review your exact scenario for a solution.
  5. Please also tell us any states included in the return.

We will then be able to see exactly what you are seeing and we can determine what exactly is going on in your return and provide you with a resolution.

@galifrey1963 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies