Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can't e-file. Unable to locate attachment at / attachment/Form1116ScheduleB.pdf

The error message I am getting is "We can't e-file your return because we are unable to locate the attachment at / attachment/Form1116ScheduleB.pdf. Please go back and re-attach it. Then try e-filing again"

Why am I getting this error and how can I fix it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

106 Replies

I just got through finishing my taxes and it included the sch  b fine. Did you start over with the Foreign Tax button in deductions and credits screen and click through? That's what I did and had no problems.

Thank you for taking the time to share. I did exactly that and everything went OK till the “Transmit Return Now” and that is when it gave me the error message

since then I talked with customer service. The problem was not solved. I understand there will be a patch tomorrow that will hopefully fix the problem. Will wait and see

SBBD

Same problem of not able to E-File. Unable to locate attachment Form1116 Schedule B. Start the review over on the Foreign Tax Credit Schedule B worksheet with no luck. Still unable to E-File???

I just went to e-file and hit the same issue. Seems to be a Turbotax issue. One of many I am finding this year. The 1116 Form just came out this morning with the update so I guess they didn't test adequately. Hopefully it will be fixed quickly.

apinkc

Same problem as everyone else

As a quick update, there was a software update this morning after which I was able to e-file. It looks like the problem is solved after all 

still not working. I can't transmit return. I am using turbotax premier desktop. software is up to date.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Follow the instructions in this help article here to ensure you have the latest update. Use this link here to contact Customer Support if you need further assistance. 

@tjslas

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It's Friday the 18th of March and it still isn't fixed. I hope someone called TT about this, I live overseas so it's difficult and I don't trust the mail system here.

PlanetBob - I just uploaded the updates for today and things went through without a hitch and without the attachment. I wonder if because you are overseas the updates have not been put on the update servers that are in your area. (Most companies use services that cache things closer to the users.) I would wait a little bit and then try to update again.

Thanks for the info. I uploaded the updates today but I'll wait another day to see if it changes, although I use a VPN so I should be good.

has turbotax issued a patch for this as part of a general bugfix (apparently not...) or do you have to contact them individually?

I still have the issue. My last update was 3/18 and it didn't fix the problem. Still waiting...

mikeyt10
Returning Member

as of today 3/22/2022 this is still an issue. Unable to eFile because of cant find File1116ScheduleB!

Cant go to paper file because e must efile NY tax return so I cant Paper file Fed and eFile NY because NY must file with Fed.

Come on TurboTax!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies