Can't Delete Auto Defense - Community

Can't Delete Auto Defense

Can't Delete Auto Defense

I presume you mean Audit Defense.

Are you using desktop software (CD/download)?  If so, are you a California filer and chose to pay your 24.99 state efile fee out of the Federal refund?

We can tell you what to do when you answer those questions.

Can't Delete Auto Defense

I am a California filer, I choose to pay 24.99 state out of refund, I am using Desk Top software

Can't Delete Auto Defense

How can I delete the Audit Defense

Can't Delete Auto Defense

What is the answer?

Can't Delete Auto Defense

@ pbeasley_48   This is a user community bulletin board.  It does not work like a chat room.  There's no telling if/when someone will post in a thread so you have to just be patient until someone sees a post and feels like they can contribute.  It might be a few minutes, a few hours, or longer.

If you are a California filer who chose to pay the 24.99 out of the Federal refund, that's what caused your problem.  That payment method has an additional 44.99 service fee that automatically includes Audit Defense, which is in a bundle called Premium Services.      See this FAQ:

FAQ:  What is the Premium Services bundle?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/what-is-the-premium-services-bundle/01/255...

That FAQ mentions Online TurboTax, but the same setup is also present in the desktop software when a California filer chooses to pay the state efile fee out of the Federal refund.

So with you as California user who chose that payment option, then to get rid of Audit Defense and avoid the 44.99 service fee you have to remove Premium Services and choose to pay up front by credit/debit card or a prepaid debit card you can buy in a store.    Once you remove that "pay out of refund" method, i.e., Premium Services, and continue on to pay up front with a card, it should only charge you the 24.99 plus possible sales tax.