With TurboTax Online? No....you would need to use the Desktop software for 2016 and then mail it in.
(if you used the CD/download software that year...you can just finish it off, print it out and mail it in yourself)
Directions : Assuming you used the Online software for 2016
1) you need to download your .tax2016 datafile from your Online account in the Previous Taxes section.
2) You need to buy a 2016 download and install the 2016 tax software on your home computer.
3) You need to start a new dummyfile in that software, and get far enough in to it to step to the state taxes page and then download and install the CA tax software.
4) Save the dummyfile with a name you give it...like "Test_2016".
5) Go up to the "File" menu and select "Open Tax Return" (you may have to select it twice)…..then browse to wherever you downloaded that .tax2016 datafile and open it.
6) Then go to the state section to run thru the entire CA interview. Add in anything you missed in whatever section you might need to...most $$ entries must be done in the Federal section, but it depend on what you did in your original.
7) When done, go to the filing section, and select File-by-mail for the CA taxes, and step thru to create a PDF and print it out to take to the Post Office and mail in. Don't forget to sign/date, attach state copies of any W-2 forms, or any others that show CA withholding (if applicable to you)….and use a tracking method at the Post Office counter so that you get confirmation that the CA forms were delivered to the CA FTB at whatever address they may have asked you to send it to.
Still have questions?Make a post