turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I make a phone call appointment with a tax expert?

How to make an aappointment?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

19 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

You can make an appointment through TurboTax Live.  Please see this TurboTax Help article:  What is TurboTax Live?

While you can't make an appointment, here are some other "live" resources:

• If you are using TurboTax Online, you can click on the Live Tax Advice link at the top right of your screen.  [See screenshot below.]

• You can also call TurboTax and speak with an agent.  TurboTax customer service/support does not have a single phone number but has many different phone numbers based on the type of platform used.  So that we can direct your call to the best person/department to help you:
  1. Click on this link:  https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
  2. Select your TurboTax platform.  
  3. Ask your question / state your problem.  Do NOT use the word "refund' or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.
  4. Click Submit.
  5. On the next screen, choose the Call option and follow the instructions.  You will be given the approximate wait time.  

You'll get a toll-free number to a TurboTax expert who is specially-trained to handle your particular issue.

mayer1

I am so trying to make an appointment.

I will try another service if you are too busy 

thank you 

call/text [phone number removed]

email        [email address removed]

Monday March 8 th.    Ok??

Thank you 

please respond 

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@mayer1 You will need to follow either of the steps that Irene2805 has provided above. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Cindydar65
Returning Member

I need help with my irs stimulus check.

@Cindydar65  Which stimulus check are you asking about?  If you did not receive the 1st and/or 2nd stimulus check you can get it as a recovery rebate credit when you prepare your 2020 ta return.   As for the 3rd check

TurboTax cannot track your 3rd stimulus or tell you when it will arrive.  The IRS is issuing 3rd stimulus checks on its own timetable.

You can use the IRS Get My Payment site to see what is expected for your 3rd stimulus check:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions

The stimulus check is an advance on a credit you can receive on your 2020 tax return.  If something went wrong or you did not get the 1st and/or 2nd stimulus check in 2020, you can get it when you file your 2020 return in 2021

The Recovery Rebate Credit will be found in the FEDERAL REVIEW section. ( you should see "Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount”)  If you are eligible it will end up on line 30 of your 2020 Form 1040.

Make sure that you enter ALL of the stimulus money received for the 1st and 2nd stimulus for yourself, your spouse and your children.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payment-information-center-topic-j-reconciling-on-your-...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Cindydar65
Returning Member

I need help with my irs stimulus check.my name is cindy  and my number is [phone number removed]

@Cindydar65 There is a detailed reply directly above this question that you just posted.     You keep posting to the forum but do not seem to be seeing the replies.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
mst2108
Returning Member

Your callback systems sucks.

@mst2108

Phone support is not provided with the Free Edition.  If you are using a paid version of the software or if you purchased PLUS you can get phone support when customer support is there.  Otherwise, post your question here and someone will try to help.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time daily

lruiz1524
Returning Member

Make a new appointment for taxes 2021

We do not arrange “live” expert calls for you from the user forum.

You can arrange for the Live help you are paying the extra fee for with your questions from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4124827-how-do-i-connect-with-a-tax-expert-in-turbotax-live

osa2

Hi, 

I filed my taxes about a week ago with turbo tax and I already got my refund. I am married and my husband and I are filing separately. He only has the option for itemized deductions because he is on an F-1 visa. I didn't know about this limitation. When I filed mine, I chose the standard deduction ( I am a green card holder). My question is, do we both have to choose the same type of deduction? and if so, how do I go about correcting my refund.

Thank you  

JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, you are required to use the same deduction option as your spouse.

You will need to amend your tax return and switch from the standard deduction to itemized deductions.

If you used TurboTax Online:

1. Log in to your account, scroll down the first page and select 2021, then Amend using TurboTax Online.
  2. Answer the first few questions, then select your reason for amending.
  3. Click on Deductions and Credits toward the top center.
  4. Add any itemized deductions you may have.
  5. Scroll all the way down and click Wrap up Deductions and Credits in the lower right corner.
  6. On the screen, Let's make sure you're taking the right deduction to keep your taxes accurate, change your choice to We're itemizing our deductions
  7. Keep going until you submit your amended tax return

If you used our CD/download product:

1. Open up your return and select “Amend a filed return.”
  2. Answer the first few questions, then select your reason for amending.
  3. Click on Deductions and Credits toward the top center.
  4. Add any itemized deductions you may have.
  5. Scroll all the way down and click Wrap up Deductions and Credits in the lower right corner.
  6. On the screen, Let's make sure you're taking the right deduction to keep your taxes accurate, change your choice to We're itemizing our deductions
  7. Keep going until you submit your amended tax return
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

How do you select options on federal information work sheet won't let me click on them

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies