turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I prove I filed my Ohio Regional Income Taxes for 2016? I electronically filed my federal and state returns.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

How do I prove I filed my Ohio Regional Income Taxes for 2016? I electronically filed my federal and state returns.

Do you have bank/credit card records to prove that you paid?  That would be your only proof.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Did you print and mail the RITA tax form as requested by the TurboTax program?  They cannot be e-filed.

Better check to make sure you paid your 2017 RITA as well.  Sometimes folks get confused about RITA and think they have filed and paid when they really have not done either.  It is really easier to use the RITA website to pay directly.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.ritaohio.com">www.ritaohio.com</a>
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Hal_Al
Level 15

In addition to state income tax, some cities in Ohio have an income tax. Many cities have their own income tax department and collect the tax. Some cities  belong to the Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA), which administers and collects the income tax for those member cities.

Although you can prepare a RITA return, in TurboTax (TT), it is not e-filed from TT. You must print and mail RITA form 37.  If you did not mail it, you didn't file it.

You can e-file your RITA return at the RITA web site, but that requires manually inputting your info. www.ritaohio.com  It's too late to e-file a 2016 return but you can still file your 2017 RITA return at the web site

In addition to city taxes, Ohio has School District (SD)Income taxes. SD income tax can be e-filed with the state return, from TT.

To verify or find out if you live in a school district or city with an income tax enter your address at:

http://www.tax.ohio.gov/Individual/LocalTaxInformation.aspx

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies