I just figured out how to reach a live agent at the IRS. I will post the steps below

My account number was wrong when my refund was sent to my bank on 5/2/18. I need the irs to mail me my refund.

Assuming that your tax filing had the correct address, this will happen automatically.  No need to contact the IRS.

First I don't work for TT.  Second, please do NOT call numbers you see in random posts as often they are scammers lines.  I am a trusted TT responder who does not get paid and has some access to speak with TT employees.

All these numbers will get you to live agents.  

The IRS phone number is 1-800-829-1040 7AM-7PM mon-fri

DO NOT choose the option of refund (see below how to check refund status), you will be sent to the automated tax refunds area.

THE Fed IRS Social Security and IRS notices number line is 1-800-829-0922. Sometimes this number will get you help fastest.

There is also 1-800-829-3676 which is free IRS tax HELP for Tax FORMS.

And 1-800-829-4933 for IRS Business Taxes.

You can also call your local IRS officehttps://www.irs.gov/help/contact-your-local-irs-office

Whenever you call, make sure you write down and get the persons ID number, they say it so fast. This way you have a point of reference.

To CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR IRS REFUND:https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/en/irfofgetstatus.jsp  is the link to the IRS website for Where's my Refund updates.

MAKE SURE that when you click the link you get to a HTTPS site which means secure....

You can use either filers SSN for MFJ returns.

There is a tab at the top for help determining information needed to enter.

Often it takes 24 hours for this information to be updated.

TO GET A COPY OF YOUR IRS TAX TRANSCRIPT which will include prior year AGI:

A free IRS return transcript via mail or online is the quickest option and has most of the information from your return. Go to the IRS transcript site and follow the online instructions.

To get a transcript via mail (which most people can do)

The IRS has had huge identity theft issues and they continue to grow. Some people are now having to prove their identity.  You would get a 4883C letter.  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6730380

I hope this was helpful?

Thank you so very much finally a person

this was the SS department telephone and not the IRS hence number !

Do NOT trust arbitrary posters on a public forum.....  this number reported here was removed and why TT does not allow phone numbers.

Worked like a jem! Great advice! Thank you!

Thank you so much! I got to someone in 7 minutes max. You're awesome!

Thank you!!!! Just got off the phone with them. Your awesome!!!

Worked

Thank you! It worked!

I’ve called for the last hour and just busy

I just called and waited less then five minutes! Thank you !

Niiice! Thanks!

Omg after calling 100 different numbers this actually worked and got someone in less then 5 minutes thank you so much!!