Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I just figured out how to reach a live agent at the IRS. I will post the steps below

The number isn’t working for me

I just figured out how to reach a live agent at the IRS. I will post the steps below

it worked
cynis54

worked great thanks

It worked, but after waiting 40 minutes, the person transferred me BACK to the automated menu.

I just did it and it worked..thank u so much you are awesome

This worked beautifully. Thank you sooooooo much. A life saver. Definitely going to keep these instructions for future tax refunds issues.

Yes!!! I just did it. It worked. Thank you so much!

Great advice-talked to a person in less than 10! thanks a million!

call this number, one for english, one for letter/notice, and when it asks for your ss# do not enter anything! it will go through a long recording and then send you to a person. From the time I dialed the number to the time I spoke to someone and had answers was 7 minutes. Thanks!

Just spoke to a Mr. Nunone. I filed 1/31 and accepted 2/1. Today is 21 days. He told me my refund should be finalized within 2 more weeks. Weird since I don’t have EIC or child tax credits... Goodluck all.

Cyndee

It worked perfectly. I was calling a couple minutes before 7 so your info really saved me time and helped me get thru before they stopped taking calls. Thank You!

Cyndee

If you click on the option to make a payment they jump right on and want to talk to you.  Then you politely apologize for hitting the wrong number and ask if they would be so kind and transfer you to a live agent.  I got someone right away.

Cyndee

I did that but pushed it over and over until they said they were connecting me.  I'll only push it 2 x when I call again. They made an error on my taxes so I've had to call them twice (I hate calling them) I've also pushed the set up payment button and got a live person rather quickly then had them transfer me. 

Mspree63

Submitted my 2019 taxes keeps getting rejected reason is i need an identification number how do i obtain one

Marie456

I have been trying  to get in I forgot  my password  I call and talk to some Lady  last week  I have tride to send in a copy of my driver's license and still can't get in can you read the notes in your computer  and tride to help me reset my password  so I can do my taxes please thank you if you need endthing  just text me or call me Evelyn saldana  [phone number removed] 09/27/1959 thank you 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies