turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My year shows 2016, not 2017 at the top. Does this matter or should I stop everything till this can be changed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My year shows 2016, not 2017 at the top. Does this matter or should I stop everything till this can be changed?

If you purchased the wrong tax year version from TurboTax directly, you can go here TurboTax CD/Download Refund Request Form to request a refund if still within 60 days of purchase. Choose Yes when asked if you purchased from us and it will ask for other information to verify purchase. Even if you did not purchase it directly from TurboTax, once you select "No" on that page, it will tell you exactly what to do to get the refund.

NOTE: Use this form to request a refund for a TurboTax CD or desktop download under our unconditional 60-day money-back guarantee. (This guarantee does not apply to TurboTax Online or the TurboTax mobile app.)

You can find the 2017 CD/Download software here: https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

It looks like you purchased a prior year one from here https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/ and those only work with prior year returns or prior year amendments.

Other Helpful Information:

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Are you using TurboTax Online or the TurboTax CD/Download software installed on your computer?

Cd/download software

Okay, you may be using the 2016 version then. Did you purchase that from a local store or here online?

Purchased it online

If you purchased it directly from TurboTax, you can request a refund so that you can purchase the correct tax year version. I'm going to put the information below in an answer for you.

Thank you

You are welcome!

If you purchased the wrong tax year version from TurboTax directly, you can go here TurboTax CD/Download Refund Request Form to request a refund if still within 60 days of purchase. Choose Yes when asked if you purchased from us and it will ask for other information to verify purchase. Even if you did not purchase it directly from TurboTax, once you select "No" on that page, it will tell you exactly what to do to get the refund.

NOTE: Use this form to request a refund for a TurboTax CD or desktop download under our unconditional 60-day money-back guarantee. (This guarantee does not apply to TurboTax Online or the TurboTax mobile app.)

You can find the 2017 CD/Download software here: https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

It looks like you purchased a prior year one from here https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/ and those only work with prior year returns or prior year amendments.

Other Helpful Information:

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies