turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

(2023 Tax Year) Hmm... it looks like we've hit a slight snag

I have completed my return on TurboTax Home and Business 2023. I am able to sign in to my TurboTax/Intuit account. But, I am NOT able to go through the payment workflow for e-filing or adding the free audit defense. I already went through all the existing support posts, including ones from previous tax years, but I have not had success fixing this issue. I also have spent over an hour with a Support Tech walking through all the same steps together with screen sharing, but we were unable to fix the issue. The only "solutions" I was provided was to file an extension, hope the technical issue on TurboTax's side is fixed by October 2024, and if it is not, file by mail (but then I wouldn't be able to sign up for Audit Defense). I want to e-file or I would not buy this software in the first place.

Here are the specifics on the error:

stepped through all the pages in the return, confirmed no errors, but I get this error message:

Hmm... it looks like we’ve hit a slight snag

Please try again or check back in a bit.

Try Again

For answers to your questions, visit us at TurboTax.com/support.

If you can’t reach us online, give us a call at 1-800-4-INTUIT, and select the option for TurboTax.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Please call Customer Service and tell them you have a "block payment issues, possibly due to billing or an invalid license" and the agent should be able to help you. Here is how you reach customer service:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

20 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Try disabling your main internet browsers pop up blocker before getting to the payment page.

The billing address on your credit card and the mailing address on your tax return have to match or you will get an error for paying with a credit card.

If they are not the same then change your mailing address to your billing address.  Click on My Info on the left side of the screen.  Edit you mailing address and Continue.  Go back to the File section to make your payment.

After the payment has been approved, go back to My Info and change the address back to the original.

Thank you for suggesting additional ways to possibly fix the issue. Unfortunately, confirming pop-up blocker is off and the billing info matched did not solve the issue. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Please call Customer Service and tell them you have a "block payment issues, possibly due to billing or an invalid license" and the agent should be able to help you. Here is how you reach customer service:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

Thank you for your help, @CatinaT1!

The issue was resolved by correcting the license / product key. The uninstall / reinstall process does not ask for a product key that was already entered, so you need to open TurboTax desktop and navigate to either change the product key or activate a new one.

Using the installed PC desktop edition of Turbotax 2023, I was getting the "hit a snag message" trying to pay the $25 state file fee.   I would press the pay by credit card, it saved my return and the next window was the "snag" window.  Didn't even get to the point of entering CC data.  Ran through the gambit of changing browsers, clearing browser history, check for Turbotax updates, turn off Windows defender and firewall, used a hardwire connection instead of wifi - nothing worked and stumped the panel.

I am using W10 and it was up to date with all current updates.

Although the "Hang on..." is a very passive and cute message - it is not very practical for troubleshooting.

Solution:  While waiting on the phone I was playing with the Turbotax menu (couldn't handle the elevator music any longer) and I stumbled on to how to pay by phone.

Drag down Help/Pay by Phone/State eFile.

I have the same issue in Turbo Tax 2023 and Turbo Tax support has been useless in fixing the problem.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

If you still experience the issue, please call Customer Service and tell them you have a "block payment issues, possibly due to billing or an invalid license" and the agent should be able to help you. Here is how you reach customer service:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

lundjc

I had the exact same problem, it was not a blocked payment issue as someone in this thread is suggesting.  The only way was to use your suggestion and pay by phone.  An hour with support could not resolve the issue.

Thanks!

John

Ron_G

Thanks for the phone suggestion. Highly recommend! After hitting the 'snag' several times over 2 days this was great! I was on and off the phone in 10 minutes, which I suspect is much faster than going through tech support. A note though. After clicking the phone pay option an ID number is generated in the following pop up box. If the window is closed and reopened that number changes. This may matter if you've already submitted the info to the CSR and then you start tinkering around while waiting for the processing. Probably best to leave everything alone until the payment is processed and the confirmation number is obtained and submitted. 

I am unable to even get to the payment page. I see the error when trying to e-file my state return and pay the 25$ fee. My federal return transmitted correctly and is already accepted.

All of this happens within the TT interface. is there a direct link to make the payment on chrome ?

Hmm... it looks like we’ve hit a slight snag

Please try again or check back in a bit.

For answers to your questions, visit us at
TurboTax.com/support.

If you can’t reach us online, give us a call at 1-800-4-INTUIT, and select the option for TurboTax.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

If you still experience the issue, please call Customer Service and tell them you have a "block payment issues, possibly due to billing or an invalid license" and the agent should be able to help you. Here is how you reach customer service:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

I am having the same issue.  The payment window does not load and gives the same error message. I want to have the $25 deducted from state return. I do not want to pay by credit card. It's not an issue with driver's license. Had no issues e-filing the federal return. This is terrible timing to not have such a serious issue such as this resolved by now.  Yes, I see you've said to file an extension which I will do if absolutely necessary, but an issue like this going on unresolved for weeks is really disappointing and not a good look for Turbotax.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

If you've already filed your Federal and are filing State only, you have to pay out of pocket. You can only pay with your return if you are filing both Federal and State together.

I see, well that's fine. Nonetheless, I am not able to proceed to the window to pay if I wanted to. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies