Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2019 TurboTax - "All Available activations for that code have been used. Error code:603"

@ donglenn 

Sorry you're continuing to have problems.   I'll see if a Moderator can look up your Support experience and further advise you.

You wrote: "I did not purchase this from Intuit, which may affect my moneyback guarantee."

The 60-day unconditional moneyback satisfaction guarantee applies to all desktop software, no matter whether purchased directly from TurboTax or from another authorized retailer.   The request form asks that question and says to attach an image of the purchase confirmation.

But let's see if a Moderator can help get this resolved first.

You wrote:  "I also don't know why I can't sign in as UND73 now."

I don't know what you meant about no longer being able to sign under "und73" and now using "donglenn" since you didn't describe what happened.    Are you referring to the forum display name (the screen name seen in this forum) which may or may not be the same as a User ID, depending on what a user chose for use in this forum?   Or are you referring to 2 actual Intuit Accounts?  If you're unable to sign in to an Intuit Account, we can tell you how to find all your User IDs (accounts), reset passwords, and recover access.

zinj
Level 2

2019 TurboTax - "All Available activations for that code have been used. Error code:603"

Yep - it's painful dealing with Intuit.

So far, I'm good on 2020.  Expect a problem right about April 14 or 15 though.

My 5 downloads being used up have never been an artifact of a thumb drive (seldom use).   For 2019, I did download to two computers (work and home) but never 3, 4, or 5 computers.

One reason I use the download program rather than online is that only the download allows you to overwrite lines in the return -- which occasionally has been necessary in the past when TT has messed up something w/r/t the tax code.  Not to get too technical, but years ago, Turbotax used 'radio buttons' (you can select one option, but not more than one) rather than 'check boxes' (you can select more than one) in a section reporting amortized bond premium.  That was an error because there were situations where you might (and I did) need to report two pieces of information rather than just one.

Intuit's higher level staffers, when I finally reached them, recognized the error too.    

Wasn't fixed in the following year's software or the year after that.

meier
Returning Member

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@meier Please review this FAQ; if you need further assistance you may contact /Turbo Tax support - contact details can be found here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
BigX
Level 2

Try this - ensure that your tax file is in a usb drive and is not connect to your PC. Start up 2019 turbo tax, so it will not see your saved tax file.  Once it passed the start up screen, then plug your usb drive back in. Load your file as normal.

I deleted the 2019 TurboTax program on my various computers.  I want to get back into the program and it will not allow me to reactivate.  Is there anyway to get around Error Code: 603?

@rorsmith wrote:

I deleted the 2019 TurboTax program on my various computers.  I want to get back into the program and it will not allow me to reactivate.  Is there anyway to get around Error Code: 603?

Here are a couple of things to consider:

Your computer system has to be the same way as when the program was originally installed and activated, or TurboTax can think it's a different computer.  For example, if you currently have plugged in a USB device (external drive, thumb drive, printer, etc.) that wasn't plugged in when it was originally installed, then try unplugging that device.  It can also work the other way around.   If you had a USB device plugged in originally that isn't plugged in now, plug it back in.   Another user also reported it can happen with an SD card as well; he had to put his SD card back in.

Or it could be some kind of Internet connection issue.  Are you by any chance using a VPN?   If so, you might try not using the VPN while you get the license activated.

If you continue to have problems, here's how to reach Customer Support.

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

You can use this contact form to get a phone number.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

My Dear people:

Turbo Tax will not fix the mess they created with their new code system until next season. It is "almost impossible" to get back tom normal. Get ready to spend some time on the phone [phone number removed]), have your code handy and good luck. However when calling, explain that you have ran ALL INSTRUCTIONS in their web, to try to recover your subscriptions. The only way to resume your work, is for them to ISSUE you a NEW CODE,

otherwise it is a waste of time and effort. NOTHING ELSE works; I spent three days trying, then about two hours on the phone; please don't give up, be patiente, until you get results, the idea is for you to give up and hang up, but DON"T do it, be perseverant and firm. Good luck to everybody.

Called customer service regarding the miscount of activations on the same PC with no resolution other than to purchase another set of licenses. No manager available to escalate to during normal business hours. Really disappointed customer service cannot resolve a simple yet common issue. 

@RickA1  wrote:

Called customer service regarding the miscount of activations on the same PC with no resolution other than to purchase another set of licenses. No manager available to escalate to during normal business hours. Really disappointed customer service cannot resolve a simple yet common issue. 

Did you see this info, which may or may always help, but it's something to consider, since it has resolved it for many, including me.

I forgot that I had left a thumb drive in a USB port the other day, and when I launched TurboTax, it asked me to activate.   I removed the thumb drive, and TurboTax launched normally without requesting a license code.

Your computer system has to be the same way as when the program was originally installed and activated, or TurboTax can think it's a different computer. For example, if you currently have plugged in a USB device (external drive, thumb drive, printer, etc.) that wasn't plugged in (or turned on) when it was originally installed, then try unplugging that device. It can also work the other way around. If you had a USB device plugged in originally that isn't plugged in now, plug it back in. Another user also reported it can happen with an SD card as well; he had to put his SD card back in.

Are you using a VPN by any chance?  Have you tried it without the VPN?

dorencia1

Ok

I used TurboTax Premier in early spring last year with good results, as usual.  A year and a half has past and I am using info from my 2019TurboTax results to seek a home loan.  I was completing home loan documents searching my 2019 tax results in my TurboTax Premier data. All of a sudden I received a note "All available activations for that code have been used" (Error code 603). I was not adding or deleting tax info; I was just reviewing the necessary 2019 tax info to complete bank info.  How can I gain access to look at my 2019 TurboTax tax info? 

You should have saved a pdf file of your return.   Then you wouldn't need to open the program.

Make sure your computer is the same way when you originally installed it.  Like with no flash drives plugged in or plugged in if one was.  It asked me again so I just closed the program and took out a flash drive that was plugged in and tried again.  It worked.  Or you may need to connect a flash drive or printer or something that was connected when you originally installed the program.

or Contact support and get another code.

Contact Customer Service

(You need to pick the CD/Download program in the product drop down box.) 
5am-5pm Pacific Time
Monday-Friday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

I didnt go kto 2019 I went to 2020 and needfed a code which I don't have

@TerryJagmin wrote:

I didnt go kto 2019 I went to 2020 and needfed a code which I don't have

You may need to explain your situation more. 

What does "I went to 2020" mean?

Are you just now installing 2020 TurboTax for the first time and need the activation code?

Or had you been using the 2020 software for a while, then suddenly it is now asking you again to re-activate?  

If the latter, we can tell you a workaround that may not need the code.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies