Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Rod001
Returning Member

1099 Download Not Populating

I am able to successfully download my 1099 consolidated tax package from Ameriprise Financial and import it to TurboTax.  The income data is reflected on my 1040, related schedules and income summary, but not on the Income & Wages page>Investment Income>Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other or the edit page when clicking "Update."  The edit page states "You haven't entered anything." and the Income & Wages section continues to say "$0"  I deleted the import,  re-downloaded the tax package from Ameriprise, imported and installed it again.  Didn't change.  I re-installed the TurboTax Deluxe software (download purchase through Costco).  Didn't change.  The income appears to be reported but I'm not totally sure.  I tried to manually enter the 1099 but  I don't have the data to figure capital gain, cost basis, long/short sale, etc.  It's beyond my skill level.  Is this a problem in the software?  Can it be fixed? Should I just ignore it?  Frustrated . . . thanks for trying to help!  Rod

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@Rod001 

Try this to see if it will allow you to continue your filing:

• Log completely out of TurboTax
  • Then, clear your cache and cookies within your browser and completely close out of it. I have included the Help Articles below if you need assistance with clearing cache or cookies.
  • Re-open the browser and log back into TurboTax and see if this fixes the situation.
  • You can also try a different browser as well or "incognito mode."

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, please reach back out here in the thread and someone will follow up with the next steps.

Clear cache

Delete cookies

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Rod001
Returning Member

Thank you Tiffany for responding.  This is a download version of TurboTax, not a web application.  You can see in my posting all the mitigation I attempted but alas, none worked.  Last year when I purchased a download version from Costco, I had lots of issues so I called TurboTax (advice:  don't - you'll wait forever to actually talk to someone).  They said many of the Costco download products were corrupted.  They sent a download from Intuit and it worked.  So I'm wondering if that's the issue.  If you have an email or phone number that I could call (and not wait while listening to elevator music) I'd give it a try if no one has a fix.  I checked "About TurboTax" (I'm a Mac) to get the version number but there's a ton of versions for FPS, TPS Engine, TPS Forms, etc., etc. etc.  At the bottom as"Application:  2022r16.031  Build Date:  Feb 2, 2023".  OK, thanks again for trying to help.  Let me know what I should do next.  Thank you!  Rod

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support as your issue would be best resolved with one-on-one support.  
What is the TurboTax phone number?

Rod001
Returning Member

I replied to this, posted it but it's not here.  Why is that?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

You can repost the question if it was overlooked. 

@Rod001

Rod001
Returning Member

The question was not overlooked.  My response was.  I spent considerable time responding and explaining why the links provided in the answer to get help were not helpful and were more runaround, unrelated FAQ and articles that are irrelevant.  I will take a deep breath and call the 800 number, wait in line and probably speak with someone in a foreign country.  This is frustrating.  A fresh download of the software directly from Intuit would likely be the simple fix.  Now that would help.  Thanks for trying but I'm sorry I can't post my question has been answered.  Regards, Rod 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

I apologize your response was not replied to. I just reviewed the thread and do see it above. 

I agree that a fresh download could help resolve the issue. In order to do that, you do need to contact support. That would involve that dreaded elevator music you mentioned. I hope your wait is not too long today. If you do not get the issue resolved, please let us know. 

Bumpa54

I'm getting a similar issue.  Imported the 1099-B from TD Ameritrade just fine, show the summary amount and the transactions but it did not affect the tax owed/refund amount.  Deleted the doc, same tax amount. Added it back in, same tax amount.  Clearly there is a bug in the software. This worked fine last year.

How do I get another version of the software? Turbotax Home and Business.

Rod001
Returning Member

Two years ago I had a similar problem but the brokerage download was not populating into the tax schedules.  I called TurboTax and was told there were problems reported in downloads sold through COSTCO.  He sent another download straight from TurboTax - worked perfectly.  Since the data this year was entered into the taxes on the proper schedules, I let it go.  Taxes were filed and my refund is already deposited!  Good luck!  Rod

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies