Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1040 tax forms and other forms still not ready after the turbotax 2019 software is updated. What is the problem here?

CD - Turbotax 2019 home & business software updater says the software is updated, but the following form are not ready. I looked up these forms are available on turbox tax website, but unable to get them with the updater.

Form 1040: Individual Schedule C Profit or Loss from business
Form 1040: Indiviudal Schedule E,p1 supplmemtal income & loss
Form 1040: Individual Form 8889-T Health Saving Accounts (HSAs)
Form 1040: Individual Form 8582 p1 Passive Activity Loss Limitations
Form 1040: Form 4562 Depreciation & Amortization
Form 1040: Form 8995 Quafied business Income Deducdtion sim
Virginia Individual Form 760 Individual Income Tax Return
Virginia Sch ADj Adjustment
Virginia Sch INC Shedudle of Withholding and Income
Virginia Sch FED Federal Schedule Information

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

21 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

1040 tax forms and other forms still not ready after the turbotax 2019 software is updated. What is the problem here?

Please see the below for assistance with manual updating:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Still receiving standard forms not available "Ready Soon" on both federal and some State forms.  Have followed all instructions to manually update TurboTax (Twice) but still get the forms are not available?

I'm having the same issue with Turbotax Business. I tried the manual update and it didn't fix the software bug. 

Form 1040: Individual Form 8889-T Health Saving Accounts (HSAs)

Form 1040: Individual Schedule A Itemized Deductions

Virginia Individual Form 760 Individual Income Tax Return

Virginia Schedule INC Schedule of Withholding and Income

Virginia Individual Schedule A Itemized Deductions

I downloaded the manual updates, but it says turbox 2019 not installed when launching, and asks install tax software first and reinstall the updater. Done that multiple times, even uninstall tax software but still not working. I have used the turbotax for many years, this is first time I encounter this stupid problem, very disappointing and frustrating...

BillM223
Expert Alumni

@peterli99

@mgtblynch

@pcamp73

For those of you who downloaded TurboTax from TurboTax itself, I would encourage you to redownload the original software from TurboTax.com. This probably won't have the correct 8889, but the module is clean, so all the updates will be applied the first time you open it (with, one assumes, the updated 8889).

Please see this TurboTax FAQ.

Thanks, but what about those that purchased the software through Amazon?

BillM223
Expert Alumni

@mgtblynch

Grab your license code from the product packaging from wherever, and look up our support number at this TurboTax FAQ.

Ask them to push a new module of the software you bought to you. And, then, of course, you will have to apply plenty of updates, but that has fixed the problem for others.

Thanks.  I actually downloaded a new version from turbotax website, unloaded twice and installed using the new download...twice...same thing.  only now only the Virginia forms are not available.  requested an email to be sent to me when the forms are available.  receive 4th email today that VA forms are ready.  started TTX again and applied latest update, but still showing form "Ready Soon"!!!  Frustrating...

A disappointing turn of events...after all that has been done and receiving several iterations of an email from TTX about all the forms in question being ready for use...called tech support finally and after 20 minutes, tech said the forms will not be ready until March 5th, 2020???   Virginia State Tax Website has them available now...at least for download.

Well,  March 5th has come and gone and basic Virginia Forms still logging as "Ready Soon".  It appears the guidance provided by TTX support may not be accurate or the actual issue?

@mgtblynch wrote:

Well,  March 5th has come and gone and basic Virginia Forms still logging as "Ready Soon".  It appears the guidance provided by TTX support may not be accurate or the actual issue?

All Virginia state forms and schedules show as being available - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_va_windows_individual.html

If you are using the desktop editions make sure that you have updated your software to the latest release.  Click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen.  Click on Check for Updates.

If your software indicates that it is up to date then contact TurboTax support for assistance then the state software.

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

Thanks DoninGA...  Unfortunately, I have given up on TTX this year.  I purchased and download another Tax Package and less than three hours later FED and VA State taxes submitted and received by the respective tax agencies (Fed & VA).  Disappointing after 20+ years of using TTX.  I couldn't get the help/support needed to find out why TTX kept saying VA forms were not ready and even some of them could not be e-filed???   It cost me for two products (TTX & "the Other"; don't want to cause issues naming the competitor; not fair!!), but now 2019 Taxes are in the books.  Would be nice if TTX gave my money back, though!!  Best wishes to those still having issues with TTX.

luckeduck

I have this same issue. When will Turbotax fix this?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies