Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

1040 tax forms and other forms still not ready after the turbotax 2019 software is updated. What is the problem here?

@luckeduck For assistance with this, please call TurboTax and speak with an agent.  TurboTax customer service/support does not have a single phone number but has many different phone numbers based on the type of platform used.  So that we can direct your call to the best person/department to help you:

1. Click on this link: Contact Us
  2. Select your TurboTax platform.  
  3. Ask your question / state your problem.  Do NOT use the word "refund' or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.
  4. Click Submit.
  5. On the next screen, choose the Call option and follow the instructions.  You will be given the approximate wait time.  

You'll get a toll-free number to a TurboTax expert who is specially-trained to handle your particular issue.

"Irene2805 Employee Tax Expert"

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Muadibe
Returning Member

1040 tax forms and other forms still not ready after the turbotax 2019 software is updated. What is the problem here?

You keep telling people that the manual update fixes this issue but many of us it does not work.

We get the message saying that TurboTax 2019 is not installed when it clearly is.

Can you please come back with a clear and working solution?

BillM223
Expert Alumni

@Muadibe

First, do you have the CD/download software?

Second, have you tried to re-download the original software from TurboTax as I described above? That is:

"

For those of you who downloaded TurboTax from TurboTax itself, I would encourage you to redownload the original software from TurboTax.com. This probably won't have the correct 8889, but the module is clean, so all the updates will be applied the first time you open it (with, one assumes, the updated 8889).

Please see this TurboTax FAQ.

"

If you did not get the original software from TurboTax, then look at this:

"

Grab your license code from the product packaging from wherever, and look up our support number at this TurboTax FAQ.

Ask them to push a new module of the software you bought to you. And, then, of course, you will have to apply plenty of updates, but that has fixed the problem for others.

"

Third, have you then updated the software? If the Update feature in the software doesn't help (under Online at the top, as I recall), then go to this link and manually download the updates: 

Let us know the results when you are done.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
lali000
Returning Member

I am experiencing the same problem with the Premier version in July. I want to know what Intuit is doing about it. I have called them twice, and the automated system was supposed to call me back. Still waiting for a call back after 8 hours.

@lali000 wrote:

I am experiencing the same problem with the Premier version in July. I want to know what Intuit is doing about it. I have called them twice, and the automated system was supposed to call me back. Still waiting for a call back after 8 hours.

If it won't update then apply the manual update - see:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/what-is-a-manual-update/01/26074?search-action-id=76...

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Lashay111
Returning Member

Please make sure that your Computer Operating System Software is UP TO DATE using the following directions below:

Windows 10 offers you the choice of when and how to get the latest updates to keep your device running smoothly and securely. To manage your options and see available updates, select Check for Windows updates. Or select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update 

Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu , then click Software Update to check for updates. If any updates are available, click the Update Now button to install them. Or click ”More info” to see details about each update and select specific updates to install.

shaferj
Returning Member

I'm having the same issue. I have retirement income and investment income both are 1040 forms that keep saying ready soon

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies