turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

scott5304

Final checks are telling me "Eligible Sec 179 property should be blanks. It only applies to current year assets." What does this mean? I sold the property on 1/13/17.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmandaR1

Final checks are telling me "Eligible Sec 179 property should be blanks. It only applies to current year assets." What does this mean? I sold the property on 1/13/17.

You should be able to uncheck the box in the review. It just means that it's not eligible for section 179 this year. 

View solution in original post

27 Replies
lc107434

2/23/19 my Cx is having the same issue using TT Self-Employed. My Cx can NOT E_FILE! we need to fix this problem

this needs to be resolved, the software won't let me select blank

Hello Turbotax, did you listening? I am stuck on this issue for a week now.
mwpainter

Yeah this sucks. Same issue. I deleted the form and did it again and have the same problem.
AmandaR1

You should be able to uncheck the box in the review. It just means that it's not eligible for section 179 this year. 

cater31

I'm stuck at this point too.  I keep trying to change it to No or Blank but every time I hit continue it just brings me back to that same screen.
rockdoc2b

I'm having the same issue.  I am just going in circles.  So frustrating!
fxrtdb2

same problem, so what is the fix? unable to uncheck box on form or check no entry box
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ran into same problem. Huge company full of engineers and they still haven't fixed this bug, given it's 04/17/2018 and it's the latest version of the software.

Ran into the same issue

I'm in the same boat.  I can't figure out what I am supposed to do.

Me too ! Ughh

I’m stuck on it too. I can’t find a phone number to call turbo tax. Does anyone have the number to the IT support department ?
jmwoods78

Any help on this? I'm stuck here too. For an hour...so frustrating
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies