turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

hfsaotome

Final checks are telling me "Eligible Sec 179 property should be blanks. It only applies to current year assets." What does this mean? I sold the property on 1/13/17.

Is there any update on this?  Stuck in a loop and unable to submit

Final checks are telling me "Eligible Sec 179 property should be blanks. It only applies to current year assets." What does this mean? I sold the property on 1/13/17.

I'm stuck too on sec 179
tmayes

I am held up here too...keeps looping back to the same error message no matter what I do

Anybody find any soluton to this? It also does not save each time I change it to blank.

anyone able to find a fix???

I am stuck on this step too, it is clearly a software bug, I keep select no entry, but comeback with error and box been check again.
hfsaotome

So I finally got this figured out, but it took a 3 hour call with someone from TurboTax.  I can't give the exact details because I don't remember all the steps, but ultimately I went into the Tools -> Delete Forms section.  For some reason there was a form that was being reviewed that was invisible in this section that was causing the error.  After deleting about a dozen different forms it made the form giving the error re-appear, and I was able to delete it.  Once that form was deleted all the forms I had just deleted reappeared so I didn't have to re-enter all the information.  

Wish I could give better directions everyone, but hopefully this helps a little.
qvu

go to "View" tab; select the form to delete; go to "Forms" tab; select "Delete Form" to remove the trouble form.
j-mfox

Thank you
pzlw2017

great help!

Really thanks

Thanks!  That's the first useful answer I've seen on this topic.  

sam9657

Same issue, how do you assess the view tab?

There is no view tab.  This is a new forum layout. Some posts that have June 2019 dates are really older posts from the old forum that got moved over. So they might be for prior years and not current info. When they migrated over the dates got changed to June 2019. And the screen shots got deleted. 

Are you using the Desktop program or the Online web version?  What are you trying to do?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies