turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Schedule C

error message says Schedule C invalid TXT

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BillM223
Employee Tax Expert

Schedule C

Could you give us the entire error message? Does it say which line it is referring to? Does this message appear in the Federal Review or during the business interview?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

9 Replies
BillM223
Employee Tax Expert

Schedule C

Could you give us the entire error message? Does it say which line it is referring to? Does this message appear in the Federal Review or during the business interview?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Carl
Level 15

Schedule C

Most commonly this indicates you have a data field on the SCH C or one of the associated workshhets where the first character is a space. The IRS computers will not accept it.

Otrbcp

Schedule C

My husband has a beauty shop with 3 self contracted people who he has provided 1099's for each year.

Where does information from the 1099-K showing all the paypal payments for all these contractors go on schedule c?

Is this paypal payment amount, which includes everyone's fees, added into gross profits and then deducted within the expenses list?

Thanks.

Schedule C

The 1099-K reports income to the business ... how did expenses get in those figures?   Are you sure they are commingled?  If you use the paypal account to receive the income  and pay bills  so on the Sch C you will enter in the total income received and all of the expenses ... there is a category called Contract Labor for the 1099 workers.

Schedule C

If you paid anyone $600 or more you need to give them a 1099Misc.  But not to corporations or for merchandise. You send the IRS a copy of the 1099Misc with the transmittal summary form 1096. These are due to the person by Jan 31 and to the IRS by Jan 31 also.

That is Contract Labor on Schedule C line 11.

How to enter Contract Labor

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/how-do-i-enter-contract-labor/00/27407

Schedule C

I have a small business of proctoring SAT exams for a stipend and have been reporting that income on a schedule C along with my vehicle mileage but due to COVID, did not work at all in 2020. Do I still fill out a schedule C?

gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

Schedule C

If you have business assets that are being depreciated or if you have ongoing expenses or income that you are still paying, you will still need to file Schedule C.

If you have a business, if it is still in operations, even though you have not received any income this year, as long as the doors are still open and available to work, you can still file Sch C.

If you did not drive miles for the Sch C then you would not claim any mileage expenses.

zwaliany

Schedule C

I am getting the above message during Fed error check " Schedule C (REALTOR) : Other Expense Text is invalid. I have finished the return can not submit today is the last day

Schedule C

@zwaliany wrote:

I am getting the above message during Fed error check " Schedule C (REALTOR) : Other Expense Text is invalid. I have finished the return can not submit today is the last day

Go back to the Self-Employment section for Expenses.  Delete the text and amount in the Other Expense boxes.

Re-enter the description of the expense and the amount.

Extended tax returns have to be filed on or before October 15, 2021.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies