turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

In deductions & Credits when I click on Property Taxes "Update" I go to a blank page, no issue for other D&C's

See Above

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

In deductions & Credits when I click on Property Taxes "Update" I go to a blank page, no issue for other D&C's

@rscameron8 

Using the "Online" software?

...or using the Desktop/Download software ?  (and MAC or windows?)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

I had the same problem using the Premier disk I purchased from Costco in February. I even tried deleting it and recently downloaded the software from their website and the problem remained. I am surprised they haven't fixed it yet considering it is now July after the extension.

Luckily I saw that there is a "Show Relevant Forms" icon on the bottom left of the window which lets you enter the information into the Schedule A form. I'm still wondering now if there are other errors in their program I don't know about?

@smith_geoffrey 

There has been a fix for many months now, those who experience this issue on a Windows computer (W 8 & 10 at least)....but the prior person who posted here never bothered to respond...

........ This is the likely issue with anyone with a blank page during the running of Desktop TTX software on a Windows computer.

.......TTX should only be installed and run as an Administrator.....not in some guest account without administrator privileges...but it's hard to know each person's exact setup.

But even if you did that already, there is an internal setting that sometimes needs to be implemented also.

So...Save your tax file and Exit TurboTax....then:

1)  right click TurboTax 2019 icon

2)  Select  … Properties

3)  Select the  Compatibility tab

4) In the "Settings" box … check the box to "Run this program as an administrator"

5) Apply...OK...then restart the program and try again

This has fixed the problem for a number of users now.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies