turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Noseynancy95
Returning Member

I need help with audit?

I was audited in 2017 , I claimed my nephews they ask me to provide documentation showing I supported them . I gave a letter from social services that wasn’t enough , I live with my nephews disabled grandma and I provided money to everyone . Also took care of my nephews , IRS has been so picky with documents they will accept . They want a utility bill but the utility bill wasn’t in my name , I gave rent receipts and rental agreement still wasn’t enough. I have no idea what to do , I have to file taxes this year but as it stands I’m gonna owe for 2019 . Since they took my credits away for 2017!! What else can I send to prove I took care of my nephews and when they reopen the audit consideration will I get a different person who looks at or the same? I think this particular person is being an extreme ahole!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I need help with audit?

Make an appointment at your local IRS office for assistance.

See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1 or call 1-844-545-5640 to set up an appointment

Noseynancy95
Returning Member

I need help with audit?

What will the do for me?  Will they help me with the audit? 

I need help with audit?

@Noseynancy95 wrote:

What will the do for me?  Will they help me with the audit? 

Since you were not getting assistance using the IRS phone reps, the in person rep may be able to help you with the information they need to prove your case.

Otherwise, you are stuck and will have to pay back the credit plus penalties and interest.

Noseynancy95
Returning Member

I need help with audit?

I was dealing with a tax advocate and the person who was doing my audit was in another state . So will I get the same person who reopens it or will I get a different person? If I go in person to my local office will they be the ones who take over the audit? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies