turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

quidgybo

You say as a foreign resident I can still use Turbo Tax as long as I have a credit card issued by a US bank. I do but I still can't pay because my address is foreign.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MageeM

You say as a foreign resident I can still use Turbo Tax as long as I have a credit card issued by a US bank. I do but I still can't pay because my address is foreign.

Hi, since you're experiencing issues with your credit card, you can utilize other payment methods, such as direct debit or trying another debit or credit card that has a US-based address. Here are some detailed FAQs on your various payment method options:

If you already filed your return with the IRS, choose a payment option through the IRS instead of trying to pay through TurboTax.

The payment options in reply 1 apply for tax owed but not for TurboTax fees, which can only be paid with a card with a US address. I have a debit card with Bank of America with a foreign address and the card was declined for Turbo Tax fee payment. Please fix this TurboTax!

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Some additional options for this situation would be:

• You can use someone's credit card to pay their TurboTax fees as long as they agree to it and it is a U.S bank.
  • If you have a refund you can deduct the fees from your refund.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies