Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@hytail maybe try deleting the entry/form and starting fresh. 

I am on the desktop version and there it has a clear checkbox for business, which I did not check. 

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 8.38.43 AM.png

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@morsecp 

Just reviewed. I have not checked the business vehicle box. 

Still think my observation is correct that Turbo attempted to save money by first developing the worksheet and form for business. And then incorrectly modifying them for the personal products.

Frustrating as the 8911 lines and rules are not complex and it affects a ton of people... if Tax Slayer, AARP and even the IRS free file can get it right, when Turbo needs to rethink its way of responding and reacting in a timely fashion. There is no excuse, not even blaming the IRS as they really didn't make any substantive changes.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

It now say's March 1st 😛

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

I have patiently waited.  This has been pushed out every week for a month now.  The form was updated today.  New information was required including the GEOID and the longitude and latitude of my house.  TurboTax did not explain how to find this information.  You find it here Census Geocoder. Then I run a final check and get hit with the form is requiring another update that will not be available until 3/1/24.

Turbotax, I have used your software for years, but you have really dropped the ball on this one.  I will be looking for new options next tax season.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

They probably don't even read their own forums..... 

Hit them where it hurts and request/demand a refund, like I just did.

There is absolutely no excuse for 4 weeks of delays, for 1 form that has been available from the IRS for weeks!

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

The IRS is making the process so difficult that people will give up and they won't have to pay.

The Census Geocoder wasn't able to find my address. I used the Department of Energy's map which also shows the areas eligible for the credit.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/3f67d5e82dc64d1589714d5499196d4f/page/Page/

For those that need to find the Lat/Long of your address, use Google Maps. Put in your address and right-click on your property and the Lat/Long will be displayed.

Even after all the filling out, TurboTax tells me I have to wait as well due to a change in the "Total Cost" entry..

I know it's very confusing for you too TurboTax, but thousands are waiting on you!

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

I'm getting emails that reminding me to file soon as prices increase after 2/29...

Federal and state prices will increase on TurboTax Deluxe, TurboTax Premium, TurboTax Premier, TurboTax Live Full Service, TurboTax Live Assisted, and TurboTax Self-Employed after February 29, 2024 at 11:59PM PT

So are all of us that have been stuck in TT's 8911 Limbo Jail for weeks unable to file because we "need review" and can't submit getting waivers/promos/discounts to compensate for the fees going up?  Otherwise your 3/1 anticipated fix (which none of us honestly expect a remedy here as you have an ongoing inability to meet dates and keep delaying further) seems a little too convenient for TT as now you get even more (extorted) money from us.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@SeattleGrey If you have already paid for the TurboTax account fees then there is no increase for you or anyone else that has already paid.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Feel like we all are screaming into the void here. None of the so called tax experts are responding here. Seems like TT (Intuit) is a 💩 company after all!

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Guess what?  I called today, the rep told me with confidence that this was getting resolved TODAY, and to check back in tonight.  Well guess what?  I just checked back in, and not only was it not resolved, but THE DATE MOVED AGAIN -- 3/2/24.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

And now we are up to 3/2 for an availability date. Keep on them folks with your complaints.  They are tying up all our refunds!

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Maybe they should change their name to TurtleTax?

juniorjam

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Awesome.  Now we're stuck in the same loop.  I don't have anything constructive to contribute, but I figured I'd at least voice my displeasure after spending 3 hours entering all of our tax information to be hung up on a single form that evidently should have been fixed weeks ago.  Between price creep and broken logic, I'll very likely end my 20 year TT relationship this year (assuming I can file soon, if not this year will be my last).

For reference, TT was approximately $40-$50 to fill out forms and file federal/state taxes when I started.  This year it's $110 even though I always use a discount.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

I can not find a reason why turbo tax has not updated the form. Especially when the IRS released the draft back in November and the form was finalized by the IRS in January. This is not a new form. They made some changes to Part II and now require a GEOID. Also the IRS released the schema Version 2.0 back in September of 2023 and the schema for 8911 has not changed where the IRS is now on version 5.1. When looking at the schema there is no complex data types and there are no IRS business rules that would prevent the return from being e-filed. (there are only 2 business rules that apply to the 8911 and they have been disabled). I could see the delay if you are filing under a business (part 2) since the 3800 form had massive changes. But for personal use (part 3) that has not change in 2023. (same as prior year and the Schema for Part 3 also has not changed) So for turbo tax to delay this form, I can not understand, especially when they have delayed the fix 3 times now and no one in support can tell me when it will actually be release. 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Logged in around noon my local time and was presented with a "NEW" date pushed back to 03/02/2024. Based on this thread's growing feedback of inconvenience and displeasure with TT continuously rolling back the published resolution date, I have waning faith of this being resolved by the now 03/02/2024 stated claim. TT should be incentivizing all TT customers affected for their incompetence to resolve this matter in a timely fashion after deceptively collecting a consumer's money, and not informing the consumer of blocking them from filing prior to payment. TT at the very least should offer 50% discount for filing next year in 2025 for the 2024 tax year since they are collecting interest on the money their consumers have paid them just to find out they are blocked from filing at the very end of the process, with Form 8911 being the blocking mechanism. 

TTScreen_02-24-24.png

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies