Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@fandre11 This is sad that people have to remove the form to be able to submit and go through the hassle of amendment later. TT really need to get their act together. The full credit is $1,000 which is a lot of money to be left on the table. 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@TaxPert you never answered our question. Were you lying? Did you actually have 8911 and successfully submitted via TT Desktop? Any screenshots that proves this? You accused others "don't know what they're doing"

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

I agree with you

It is a hassle to have to file an amended return.

Unfortunately I could not wait any longer 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Hello, had some issue. Go to this site from 2020 Census. Put in your address where charger is installed and locate the required material.

Census Geocoder

GB.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

The IRS guidance says you are still eligible if the charger was installed before the end of 2024.   

(2) Qualified alternative fuel refueling property placed in service after December 31, 2022, and before January 1, 2025, will be considered placed in service in an eligible census tract, and thus eligible for the § 30C credit, if the 11-digit census tract GEOID for the population census tract in which it is placed in service is listed in the applicable appendix, either Appendix A or Appendix B.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

I had the same error.  This "fix" that TT provided does not actually let you e-file your return, even after entering in all the information that they request for form 8911.  TT you need another update to actually let form 8911 filers be able to e-file their returns.  Remove the flagging of an error so that we can send our returns!  

cantfile

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Same here..  Not impressed TT.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

The IRS recently clarified changes to Form 8911 Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit. TurboTax is planning to make updates around this by February 29, 2024. 

Please check back then to ensure you are eligible to receive this credit. Thank you for your patience. 

[Edited 02/22/22| 10:45 am PST]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

And I will as well. FreeTaxUSA Deluxe has everything I need for next year.

TT has exhausted my patience with these multiple 1 week delays (death by a thousand cuts?). I've deleted the EV Charger from form 8911 and submitted my returns. I'll file an amended return later.

This reminds me of the TT cash grab years ago where they deleted investment coverage from the Deluxe version but didn't highlight it and then forced an upgrade to the next higher version after already having purchased the Deluxe. I'm done with Intuit.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@CatinaT1 Just tried this and it STILL does not work.  TurboTax is about to lose a lot of customers over this...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@CatinaT1 
The workaround does not work! You got our hopes up only to be disappointed even more. We need a working solution please

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

The "fix" doesn't work for me either.. and kind of shady you would suggest being dishonest instead of an actual fix as a workaround.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@CatinaT1 have you talked to your engineers? 

We are tired of this constant delay notice. 

Also, people, please submit feedback. I don't think TT looks at whatever we talk about here. Login TT online, scroll to the bottom -> give feedback -> software issue, and copy this thread's link: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forums/replypage/board-id/205/message-id/309460

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

I have been pushed out on a your e-submitting my tax refund request for the 3rd time now because of an issue with form 8911. Please let me (and others in the same boat) know if there is a work around and what the real issue might be. Thanks.

Randy Hurst

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

A followup to my previous post:

I removed the EV charger from my return essentially eliminating form 8911. Reran the review. TT said "no problems found" and filed the taxes.  Incidentally, I have a 2022 solar installation credit carry over. So form 5695 is also included in my return. The IRS rejected my return almost immediately. TT's explanation for the rejection is that there's a TT problem with generating the 5695 form and it'll be fixed on 2/23. So re-answer the questions for that form after 2/23 and resubmit. My AZ return was also rejected because of the IRS rejection.

Words fail me.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies