Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

YouShb

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

This is ridiculous!

TT customer service asked me to either remove form 8911 from my return, which is against the point of using TT service, or wait for the given date, which was delayed multiple times.

TT got their payment and then told me about the issue, that was wild!

Filing by mail will take forever to get your refund (if they owe you money)

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

I am experiencing the same thing. Checked today. TurboTax changed the date of expected update to 2/28 (next Wednesday). This is ridiculous. People in the the whole nation who installed EV charger in 2023 and wanted to claim for credit ALL GOT STUCK. 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Same for me,

I have also been waiting for weeks for that form to be available in TT and the date keeps being pushed out.

Turbotax, please get your act together and update this form now. I doubt you are waiting for this form from the IRS. It has been available from the IRS Website a long time ago!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Seriously TT??? Why is this taking so long?

mdcrdu

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

This is ridiculous that it was only brought after I paid for the filings that I was then not allowed to file. I also checked my census tract manually and know I qualify. Delaying this another week (again) when it’s been available since January is just not acceptable. I’ve been using TurboTax for over a decade but will be switching to FreeTaxUSA next year which I should have done already. 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

There should at least be an option to ignore the possible issue (and absolve TT of any liability of it being wrong) and let us file.  I came from years of H&R just because I saw that TT had EV handled.  Now I'm wondering if there isn't legal ramifications for this.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Hi all, please take a minute and submit this issue to TT's customer service. They don't see or listen or hear you from here. We need to put pressure on them as customers. Ranting here only has a limited effect.

Login to TurboTax online, scroll to the bottom and click on "give feedback". Click on software issue then copy and paste the content below:

Dear TurboTax, all your customers in this nation involved in Form 8911 have been stuck and haven't been able to e-file our returns for weeks. The issue has still not been resolved and your development team keeps pushing the estimated resolving date later and later. This is unacceptable as millions of us are not getting what we paid for. Please resolve it ASAP. This is not the right way to treat your customers and this issue is damaging your brand reputation. Please forward this thread to your development and management team:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-credits-deductions/discussion/form-8911-line-1-error/00/319525...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Thanks for the advice! Just submitted the feedback like 10 times!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@AnnetteB6 
It’s Feb 21 and the date has been pushed back to Feb 28. Totally unacceptable! TurboTax should start paying us interest on the delayed tax refund!

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

I am in the same boat. Hopefully TT will do something about it. 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Yes it’s red but it still allows you to transmit the form “as is” electronically.

i like my tax refund earlier than wait long so i am pressing the button.

TT is holding you off because they are populating all census tracts so they can tell you if you are in an eligible tract or not. All info is available to TT from IRS, they are just slow and careful in putting all those tracts and map to each filers address.

I checked my address on the IRS site and I am eligible so I am comfortable hitting the transmit button now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@TaxPert 

It’s not letting me e-file, says ‘Fix error’ or file by mail. Can you please tell us if you actually e-filed with numbers in 8911 form?

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@TaxPert TaxPert, what you said is incorrect. TT blocks you and prevents you from filing if you are filing with 8911. The system intentionally blocks it until they update it. 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

If you have the desktop version it will let you file. I just file mine will all good numbers and it went through and accepted already.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Why would you say “what I said is incorrect” you are just assuming?

I just did mine and it’s transmitted and accepted.

if you are using online TT it might block you. If you are using the desktop version (which I always do) it lets you.

or it might be blocking you because you don’t know what you are doing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies