Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@TaxPert you are misleading people here. All of us are using the desktop verison. At the last step it won't allow you to e-file and brings you to the loop to do a final check on 8911 even if you click on continue. Why don't you provide some screenshots to teach everyone? You claim you e-filed it successfully with numbers in 8911. You are the only one in the nation who is able to do it without the update. It also could be that you did not update your TurboTax desktop version too. The latest desktop TT stops people from e-filing with 8911. 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

UPDATE IS HERE! 2/21 at 9:48PM PT, the update is here. Our mass feedback submission gave them pressure and worked! In the new update, there's gonna be a zip code prompt.

Enter zip code then find GEOID (the long one, under Census Tract below 2020 section), longitude, latitude info of your property on https://geocoding.geo.census.gov/geocoder/geographies/address?form

GO AHEAD AND HIT THAT TRANSMIT BUTTON!!!

Screenshot 2024-02-21 214941.png

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Just a quick follow-up:

Despite entering everything, TT desktop still prevents me from transmitting - going to the We Need To Make One More Check loop on the charging station total cost. :(

TT, please fix it. This is ridiculous.

Screenshot 2024-02-21 220534.png

Screenshot 2024-02-21 220837.png

hit continue, then transmit, then prompts back to "We Need to Make One More Check" loop. @TaxPert I don't know how you did it. If you really did it, you are the rare one. 

DepoeBay

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

I tried pushing past too, since I had populated my last/long, census tract geocode and address onto the form. It took me through the whole process, then died before transmitting and sent me back to the check filing error message. I too would like some interest accruing due to the delay. I will add that to my customer comments!

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

...and on top of all this, the date has been moved YET AGAIN... Now 2/29/24.

maskarade

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Yeah I finally got fed up with the filing loop and requested a refund on my preparation last night. I also called customer service for the refund request and noted my confirmation # and reason for the refund. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@harleypan86  I have a feeling @TaxPert works for TT. “All info is available to TT from IRS, they are just slow and careful in putting all those tracts and map to each filers address.” Slow and careful? Oh please! You can simply lookup the GEOID from the list of eligible IDs (excel spreadsheets) IRS posted back in January. TT has some stable geniuses working on this:

#1 they are now asking you to enter GEOID - can’t you look it up based on address or lat/long?

#2 cannot do a simple match between your GEOID and eligible IDs.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@TaxPert it does NOT allow me to submit. It gets me all the way to the point of transmission and then fails saying tat the form has errors. Not sure why you were able to get through but you should not be implying that people do not know how to use the software. This is a blocker in TT. 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Come on TT!!!!  You have been better about these situations in the past.

My taxes were complete on 2/8.... I waited for the first 8936 form delay for over a week, then on 2/15, that issue was resolved and I was told to wait until 2/21 for the 8911 form issue.... I tried to file again on 2/21 in the evening, and was told to wait until 2/28.... this is getting ridiculous.  The clock is ticking, and these EV related form issues are going on 3 weeks now.  The deadline is 7 weeks away.  UNREAL.  Bad enough the government has had my $7500 EV credit for 12 months now, but Inuit is extending that situation..... this is UNREAL.

Does anyone know the process to request a refund?  I am pissed.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

At what point does it fail?.

Are you able to reach all the way to the orange “transmit now” button and when you click it, it throws it back?

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@TaxPert YES, review this thread. I wonder if you actually do have a 8911. People submitting with 8911 will be blocked from transmitting (going into Check Your Form loop)

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Agree with you, that form is definitely a blocker in TT.

Personally I got tired of the form 8911 availability date being pushed out with no end in sight. IRS owes me a lot of money so I removed that form and filed my taxes. Especially with a looming government shutdown, you don't know how that might affect the refund speed. After I will receive the refund, I will go back to TT to file an amended federal return, hoping that TT finally gets their act together by that time. Hopefully it will be straightforward. I think TT owes at least a refund to all the people whose had to remove that form in order to file, or had to wait before filing, or had to create an amended return.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Yep, You cannot trust TT!

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Thanks for sharing the info

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies