turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

D105
Returning Member

Discontinuation of It's Deductible - A better business decision is to PROMOTE it.

I am very unhappy about this.  I have been using It’s Deductible for many years and found it justifies my purchase of TurboTax each year.   This is an important tool whose discontinuation will affect many customers in a negative way.  I know in these days of cost reduction and value to shareholders, that costs can drive decision making.  But in this case, you have a tool that no one else has and can be a real selling point to acquire more customers.  

I urge you strongly to reconsider this decision.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Discontinuation of It's Deductible - A better business decision is to PROMOTE it.

There is an entire (lengthy) thread on this issue.

See Re: Itsdeductible being discontinued.. WHAT??? - Page 4 (intuit.com)

Also, click the following link and then click "Send an e-mail" to voice your displeasure with the decision.

Intuit®: Company Executive Leadership

I think the problem is that is it not obviously monetized.  You want Intuit to provide a free service.  They have to see how the service makes them money and supports the cost of keeping it up, either by running ads, or by recruiting and retaining paying tax customers.   And, since they likely know exactly how many customers imported donations from ItsDeductible into their tax returns, that may be an uphill climb.  However, public outcry has caused them to reverse other decisions in the past. 

@Opus 17 wrote:

I think the problem is that is it not obviously monetized.  You want Intuit to provide a free service.  

Exactly, and they already offer Mint, which is "free". The primary issue here is the fact that Mint does not offer one component (at least not yet) of ItsDeductible and that is driving the complaints; users cannot enter donations of physical goods, such as household items, clothing, etc., get valuations, and then import the lot into TurboTax. 

Although I understand the inconvenience that may cause certain ItsDeductible users, I suspect it may not be an issue that adversely impacts a huge number of taxpayers due to (a) the large increase in the standard deduction that took effect several years ago, and (b) the value and frequency of such donations for most is probably fairly low.

D105
Returning Member

Thank you, Champ!  It's almost impossible to find an e-mail address or phone number to complain to.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies