turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mail30

Can I import ItsDeductable donations into TurboTax Online for 2019 taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Yes! If you have TurboTax Deluxe or higher, importing your ItsDeductible donations is easy. Here’s how:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. Search for donations and select the Jump to link.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you make any donations to charity? 
  4. On the next screen, answer Yes to Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?
  5. Your donations will automatically load as long as you're using the same account for both ItsDeductible and TurboTax. On the next screen, select which donations you want to import and select Import Now.
  6. Select Continue and review your charities on the next screen.

If you make changes to Its Deductible and want to import again, start again at step 2 above.

Note: TurboTax Free Edition and TurboTax Live Basic don't support Schedule A, which you’ll need to report charitable donations in ItsDeductible.

The original post can be found here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
lcmcafee

Hi, this doesn't seem to be working with the online version of TurboTax Deluxe. There is no option to sign into ItsDeductible or import from it. Can you provide more info on how to do that using the online version? I've tried on both Mac and PC (in Chrome).

@lcmcafee 

With the "Online" software, there is no separate login to ItsDeductible when you import your charity data....You just need to start thru the interview for the ItsDeductible import on the Deductions&Credits page. 

The critical thing you need to know for the "Online" software import, is that it will only import ItsDeductible data for an ItsDeductible charity account that has exactly the same UserID/pwd as your Online tax account (that;'s why a second login isn't required for the import).

For the desktop software, you do get prompted for the ItsDed login during the import process.  Desktop software allows import from any, or even multiple ItsDed accounts.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
impjb

But what if you have different accounts?   Is it possible to import from a different account?  It does not seem to be.

@impjb 

IF you reread what I wrote just above your comment

1) Online browser-based tax software  NO.

2) Desktop tax software, installed and run on you computer...YES....any ItsDed browser account.

......nor can you copy between two ItsDed accounts

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
kk55

When I go into Turbo Tax I do not see an option to "import or jump to". I have already entered the donations on ItsDeductable.  I have signed out of Turbo Tax and back in, but I still do not see the option to import.  Please advise.

ImPatB

I ran into this last week.  The only answer I could find was that you can, if and only if your itsdeductible and turbo tax accounts are under the same user.  Mine are not.

Even though i had a TON of stuff entered into Itsdeductible i eventually just printed the report and manually entered the amounts and addresses - it didn't take that long. 

Also, when prompted for where i got my values there was not an option for itsdecuctible.  I chose the "appraisal" option.

ImPatB

I will also add that @SteamTrain provided me with the correct answer.

lcmcafee

For the record, my accounts are under the same login, and the import still didn't work/copy over. I ended up just pulling the PDF reports and entering them manually into TurboTax. Annoying ... TT, please get your act together on this!

@kk55 wrote:

When I go into Turbo Tax I do not see an option to "import or jump to". I have already entered the donations on ItsDeductable.  I have signed out of Turbo Tax and back in, but I still do not see the option to import.  Please advise.

I assume you are using Online TurboTax, and that you are using Deluxe edition or higher.   Here are 4 methods to get to the TurboTax screen where you should see the option to import.   And when importing, you have to have the same User ID and password on both TurboTax and ItsDeductible.    

All of these methods work for me, but for some users, one or more of these methods may not work.  See if one of them works for you.   When using the "jump" methods, be sure you follow the instructions exactly as I wrote them below to get the jump feature to work properly.  It can be quirky if not used as instructed.   I've also listed 2 methods that do not use "jump."  

Method 1: 

• When the return is open, in the top right of the screen click on SEARCH.
  • In the search box, enter the term itsdeductible ( one word, without quotes) and then click the little magnifying glass icon (do not choose anything in the dropdown menu or it might not work).
  • Then click the “Jump to itsdeductible” link.
  • Answer Yes to Did you make any donations to charity in 2019? 
  • The next screen will ask if you have an ItsDeductible account.  Answer Yes.
  • Follow the instructions and import your donations.

Method 2:   
Same as first method above, but in the Search box enter donations (without quotes), and then click the little magnifying glass icon (do not choose anything suggested in the dropdown menu or it might not work).  Then click "Jump to donations."

Method 3: 

• With the return open, click in the left menu column on Tax Tools, then choose TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window click the blue button Topic Search. 
  • In the Topic Search popup enter the word itsdeductible without quotes, highlight the selection, and click GO.
  • Next screen asks:   "Did you make any donations to charity in 2019?"
  • When you say "yes", the next screen is:  "Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?"
  • Say "yes" and continue the interview.

Method 4  (these steps are for Online TurboTax):

• Using regular navigation go to Federal Taxes tab in the left column, then at the top go to Deductions & Credits section. 
  • On a screen that says "Your Tax Breaks" scroll down and look for a link that says "All Tax Breaks".  Click that to expand, then you will see all deduction topics and subtopics. 
  • Scroll down to the topic "Charitable Donations" and click Show More to expand and see the subtopics..
  • Choose "Import from ItsDeductible Online."
Patrick PS
Returning Member

For the jump to section feature to appear, you need to first, be on a screen such as, deductions & credits or wages & income.

kkhanna1
Returning Member

Thanks, this is the first solution that actually worked for me.

The 4th option meant for TT Online is important to broadcast because it looks like a hidden feature that is not intuitive to say the least. I have used TT for 20+ years , and the online version is actually less intuitive than the desktop version.

@kkhanna1 wrote:

Thanks, this is the first solution that actually worked for me.

The 4th option meant for TT Online is important to broadcast because it looks like a hidden feature that is not intuitive to say the least. I have used TT for 20+ years , and the online version is actually less intuitive than the desktop version.

You're welcome.   All 4 methods should work for Online TurboTax (at least for me).  I tested them recently.  But I'm glad you were able to accomplish your task.   Good luck.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies